• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Re-Elect Gov. Pandora de Romanus for Britain

Which buff would Britain's citizens be the biggest benefit to them?

• Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Order of Engineers: +3 Dexterity Bonus

• Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration

• Mining Cooperative: +3 Strength Bonus

• League of Rangers: +3 Intelligence Bonus

• Total voters

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so I am going to put this out there because I do believe I am still the very best candidate to continue to serve the city of Britain. This is mostly "OOC" but it is very honest...

My accomplishments in the last few months have brought good tidings to all the nation's citizens. I made sure to be at every single meeting and kept in constant contacts with our Emissary via emails and private meetings. These efforts surely helped to put Britain in the forefront once again during my term.

Our great capital of Britain saw some great endeavors seen through, with some still pending that I am hoping this term allows me to focus on. For example, cleaning up the old event items left from past events --- like the West Bridge and blood splatters around everywhere. The inside of the bank got a bit of a clean up as well, but still needs a few more things. The arcane circle needs to be replaced, and I am working on that too.

Britain's Public Library System saw new additions to it during the Benefit Dinner. Player-authors were encouraged to share their work with our local player-established libraries, that I consider to be part of Britain's Public Library System. We gave away a $50 Gift Certificate to an author that hailed from a far-away land and now have copies of their works here on our beloved Catskills.

A good governor thrives on the voices of their people, so by all means be heard! I am asking folks for feedback!!! I give everyone a way to contact me directly (to contact all the Governors really --- see the sticky post) if you happen to not be available for a Town Hall meeting, which was held bi-weekly on Saturdays and will continue to be. I do encourage all citizens to come and have their say. My door is always open and I always listen!

To ensure the city keeps its coffers steadily full, I will be setting up more events that appeal to ALL TYPES OF PLAYERS, especially in dungeons and spawns. With auctions and other types of events that draw in the funds, we will work together towards city beautification and other endeavors. I will personally guarantee that a trade deal is always up.

What I need from you is... tell me which buffs the city of Britain would and should be working to keep up at all times. So that's the poll you see here. Unlike others, I am not going to just select a buff that suits me, I am asking my citizens to help me select one that suits the majority.

Bottom line is I love my city, I have resided in East Britain (Vamp's Lair original location) for many many years and continue to do so and it is why I chose to run for Governor of Britain. But its not just Britain I love, I love my entire shard. My passion comes through in everything I do. So if you want a passionate, honest, hard working candidate... you'll vote to re-elect me to office.

I thank you all for your feedback, for the time taken to join our events, for the representatives that joined and participated in my sub-council.

Sincerely,

Gov. Pandora de Romanus
Incumbent for the city of Britain

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Governors have always coordinated which buffs they put up. At least the two cycles I was governor we did it.
Again most of what you do as "Governor" you can do without the title Pandora. I'm unsure why it means so much to you to have the title.
Maybe you can be "chief coordinating officer of cities without council". That'd be a great title for you! Then you can do what you enjoy doing in game, without any of the nasty non-RP type stuff!

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree with Flutter's statement. Hosting events and attempting to draw more people to this shard isn't solely the property of city governors. If that's what you like to do and that's where your passion lies,then you can host them with or without the title of Governor.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you folks reside in the towns you wish to Govern?
We still own quite a bit of property in East Britain, so yes. Our public facing homes, etc. are in West Umbra... but personal private houses are still in East Britain. We were born there baby!

And PS. no one can be from the city of Jhelom as the entire island is "off limits" to housing.... yet they still have a Governor. :)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AH I read Nu Jel,

The issue I see with the whole governors things is that you have too many cities being controlled by what is essentially the same guild. Yes you can have a house in this town or another, but that is not the same as Thom being a longtime citizen of Trinsic. The entire process needs to be looked at with a more critical eye. Perhaps you cannot find enough folks willing to get involved int the whole idea of Governors for the various towns, but it really needs a bit more over seeing to assure that each town is truly represented. I also think the "sub council" needs to be done away with. It gives the appearance that the person sitting as a governor in Brit is to be seen as over seeing all the governors which I believe is the Provence of the king.

I loves ya Pandy but you do come off at times as a bit power hungry. And here I thought you were just out for blood. *winks*

(Needs newer glasses or larger type)

Last edited:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not power I crave, and anyone that knows me at all would know that; I love my shard and have never played another shard since the inception of Catskills. I created the sub-council when I thought my friend had been pretty much shut out of his request to address the Royal Council at one of our meetings because he represented an unrepresented city. I understand and know that city has a history that is well less than favorable, but that doesn't mean that it cannot possibly have citizens that wish to address the Royal Council. I thought that was unjust and thought of a way they could participate in something that had a similar feel to it without being told they couldn't even speak!

But my ONE term has not been solely about the sub-council, it has been about the Library about the history of Britain, about the conservatory and ideas that surround it. And while ALL of those things you say can still be done outside of the Governorship, and I agree, every Governor I know --- past and present --- has had events and the like to help their city. Like I said in my original post here, I am looking to continue what I have started and since now my citizens want me to keep up a buff, I am taking their opinions on which one to keep up for them and I will make that happen. Its about them 100%, always has been.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandy anyone that knows me well would have known that the power mad comment was a joke. I am sorry that you and yours took it to heart, but I do have a rather active sense of humor.

I have never questioned your devotion to the job of Governor, though Aedon still wonders how the king could leave the main city of Sosaria in the hands of a vampire. (Yes, Aedon still recalls Pandora introducing herself to him in Aegis as " The leader of an ancient race of Friendly Vampires." I do think the Governors thingy can be fun if assurances are made to keep it open to all. Frankly if another Governor is elected in Brit I would hope that they will not hold anything called a "Sub council meeting." It gives the impression that those attending are little more than underlings. A Governor should have open town hall meetings with the citizens of their area, and perhaps try to meet with other sitting governors before the main meeting with Blackthorn.

I also do think that the term of office should be longer. The time allotted does not afford a governor space to come up with and implement plans fully. No Governor, other than Thom in Trinsic ( or whoever heads PGoH) should be allowed to sit for more than three terms. This will encourage others to become involved.

Please do try to take things with more humor and understand that nothing I say or write is a personal attack on you. In game, Aedon is always in character in public and private. The only ooc I allow is in chat channels.

Best of luck on your campaign

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pandy anyone that knows me well would have known that the power mad comment was a joke. I am sorry that you and yours took it to heart, but I do have a rather active sense of humor.

I have never questioned your devotion to the job of Governor, though Aedon still wonders how the king could leave the main city of Sosaria in the hands of a vampire. (Yes, Aedon still recalls Pandora introducing herself to him in Aegis as " The leader of an ancient race of Friendly Vampires." I do think the Governors thingy can be fun if assurances are made to keep it open to all. Frankly if another Governor is elected in Brit I would hope that they will not hold anything called a "Sub council meeting." It gives the impression that those attending are little more than underlings. A Governor should have open town hall meetings with the citizens of their area, and perhaps try to meet with other sitting governors before the main meeting with Blackthorn.

I also do think that the term of office should be longer. The time allotted does not afford a governor space to come up with and implement plans fully. No Governor, other than Thom in Trinsic ( or whoever heads PGoH) should be allowed to sit for more than three terms. This will encourage others to become involved.

Please do try to take things with more humor and understand that nothing I say or write is a personal attack on you. In game, Aedon is always in character in public and private. The only ooc I allow is in chat channels.

I have to agree with almost everything said here. The only part I disagree with is my own personal feelings.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Kanoa/Damien had a rune to Aegis, told me that was the only RP town left. When the two of us got there, we came upon you and only you; so it was just the three of us. I introduced myself OOC (in parentheses) because I was JUST coming back, I wanted to find out what the status of RP was. I said I was OOC because it was the very first day I had logged in over 8 yrs. A lot had changed, and I just wanted to find other possible RP'ers and talk to them OOC to introduce my guild. I would never 'in character" call myself the leader of an ancient race of good vampries.... that's how I describe me and my guild OOC to everyone I try to explain CoD to. Let me set that record straight.

Oh and thanks for the bump! :)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way folks the +1 to FC is on in Britain, thank you! Let's just say I helped a friend out and she in turn helped me with a lil bit of gold to help make sure that the buffs stay up in Britain and Minoc next term --- PLUS, I will attend all the Royal Council meetings in characters, hold fabulous events for the shard to help bring activity back to Britain and keep that going! :)

I am the best candidate for the job and the people that care know that! Keep voting in the poll above... because I want to HEAR from you all on what YOU want. I will not just put up a buff that suits me, it will be one that suits the majority.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kanoa/Damien had a rune to Aegis, told me that was the only RP town left. When the two of us got there, we came upon you and only you; so it was just the three of us. I introduced myself OOC (in parentheses) because I was JUST coming back, I wanted to find out what the status of RP was. I said I was OOC because it was the very first day I had logged in over 8 yrs. A lot had changed, and I just wanted to find other possible RP'ers and talk to them OOC to introduce my guild. I would never 'in character" call myself the leader of an ancient race of good vampries.... that's how I describe me and my guild OOC to everyone I try to explain CoD to. Let me set that record straight.

Oh and thanks for the bump! :)
Sorry, but what I said was an exact quote from you, and you used no parentheses or I would simply have nodded politly to you and walked on. Once Pandy said that to Aedon he replied; "A vampire you say?" to which you again stated you were a friendly one. Aedon thean told Pandy that her sort was not permitted in Aegis, and that there were some about that would stake her in the sun.

Later, your friend did contact me and say that you Pandy was upset, and that you were only trying to make contact with other players, I nformed him that what was done was not the way to go. You have asked me to forget that first meeting and move on, and I have stated before as I will again that once my character is told something, he knows it.

I am always IC in a game, in a public area. I even detest being ooc in my own house, but will do so if warranted with the doors to my house locked, and the place checked for watchers.

Oh and and never at any time did you indicate on the meeting that you wished to speak to me ooc, so Aedon knows what Pandy told him. How he chooses to use the info is still unplayed.

Last edited:

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now...Im not trying to get involved here but... Maybe that conversation should be taken to ICQ or PM? Alot of threads being taken off topic lately after all.

~Switzerland~

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles* I have a back log of PM's on this and other subjects. I myself think this subject should simply be dropped. After all, Aedon is not known to rat someone out for what and who they are. *winks*

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandy has done a lot of great things for the town of Britain, she shows up to every single meeting she could, participates, and injects her own brand of mystery and intrigue that keeps things interesting. I do not think anyone else that I know of running for Britain's election would do it better. This is an RP system, do not get it twisted... yes does it have the ability to throw up a buff --- which Pandora has already committed to doing this next term --- but that's a small fraction of what the system was designed for.

If all you're going to do is throw a bunch of gold on the stone and set your own favorite buffs that are only relevant to your character, that's your choice. But I think the people will rather have a candidate that brings folks together for the betterment of their city. And that candidate is clearly Pandora.

~ Sue.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandy is campaigning all day today and all day tomorrow.... tonight I am helping Sennah with the Haven Fest, but I'll return to Britain!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need a little moving icon that says I Club my friends. Or at the very least stick them with my sword.