• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Re-Design of a Custom House?

G

Grash

I have a 9x14 custom house that just looks bad. I want to redesign it with a different design on the same size plot. Can someone with experience walk me through the correct steps please?:confused:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can access the customize menu by standing on the plot and double clicking the house sign. It's under customize/customize this house I think (not in game right now). This should give you a selection of walls, floors, doors, etc. At the bottom of the menu there are options to clear (remove all walls and floors from the plot), save your current design, etc. There's an eraser to the left of that and a eye dropper to copy a tile you've used already so you don't have to hunt for it again. You may want to turn on tool tips so when you mouse over things it tells you what they are/what they do.

G

Grash

Thanks for the response. I neglected to say the house is loaded with locked-down and secure items. Does that change anything? Where does all the stuuf go? and, do i have to empty the place first?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deb

When you go into Customize mode all your items will go into a moving crate.
When you are done they will either stay in there or go back to where they
originally were. To access the crate go back into the house menu and look
under custom mode and "Hit the relocate moving crate" Then you will have
access to all that went in there.

Mezzac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you go into Customize mode all your items will go into a moving crate.
When you are done they will either stay in there or go back to where they
originally were. To access the crate go back into the house menu and look
under custom mode and "Hit the relocate moving crate" Then you will have
access to all that went in there.
It is always a good idea to make your house private when unpacking Moving Crate (even in Tram) - otherwise some naughty stealther may sneak in and steal items as you are placing them.

They may only get one piece, but if it's the right one, then a house ban may be worth it.

Mezzac