• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rare plants and plant rares

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

its been a while since i started gardening (wich was when seeds first were introduced in game) and i have been doing it very unregular since then.

I recently started doing it again and also sorting some of my plants and seeds and came across the following varieties within the naming of Plants:

appearently there are three different ways decorative plants are named:

a) a decorative plant

b) a decorative [colour] plant

c) a decorative [colour] [planttype] (plant)

I guess that the variations in names are a result of the different steps in UO-development, given that the a) was the first way decorative plants were named.

What i dont know is, weather b) was a result of unknown seeds maturing and then put into decorative mode and therefore existed at the same time as c), wich then i assume would be a result of known seeds (labeled ones) maturing and put into decoration mode.

Today, at least from my observation, all plants grow into named plants (colour and type), independent weather the seeds they are growing from were unknown/unlabeled or known ones. So a) and b) Plants cannot created anymore and therefore might be considered as 'semi-rares'.

Another observation is, that all my living plants have been renamed to c), even if they were b) before (wich, if i remember right, might be about 4 years ago (or even more),
so all those will give the c) names when i put them on deco mode.

On a sidenote, similar changes seem to happen to the seed-names.

possible names:
a) a seed (have they ever existed?)
b) a [colour] seed
c) a [colour] [planttype] seed

For c) i have

- Seeds that come from self-pollinated (known) plants,
- Seeds that were identified by the use of Poppie-Dust
- Seeds that were taken out of the new Seed Box

None of those will stack with the others, so i assume there need to be some kind of difference.

And from the very beginning i also have a bunch of Seeds that wont stack at all with any kind, since that was like it was when seeds were first introduced, and i think it lasted that way quite a while.

Can anybody confirm or disprove any of my observations or maybe give me more infos about the timeframes of the various steps in UO-Plant-Implementation?
Would be very interested since i am collecting all sorts of 'UO-history' informations and items
(and put them on display if youre interested).

Or do you happen to have any a) or b) plants on Europa? ;-)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know the answers to nearly any of your questions, but I can spare a few plants for you in category "a". I am on Legends but you can at least hang on to them and transfer them over in time. Probably a lot of houses that have been around for years and the decor has not changed will have them locked down as decoration too. Nearly all of my colored plants were clipped into oblivion to make natural dyes. I know that when the plant staining system came out, there were a lot of plants that could not clipped and we had to wait for various publishes to correct these plants. Also along the way, we were able to obtain plants that I don't know if we can still get. I have a picture of some of them and as you can I see I have plenty to spare. I think I also have a bright pink flowering cactus, but I can't seem to find it. The rare rushes is the one on the far right, labeled bright common rushes plant.

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know the answers to nearly any of your questions, but I can spare a few plants for you in category "a". I am on Legends but you can at least hang on to them and transfer them over in time. Probably a lot of houses that have been around for years and the decor has not changed will have them locked down as decoration too. Nearly all of my colored plants were clipped into oblivion to make natural dyes. I know that when the plant staining system came out, there were a lot of plants that could not clipped and we had to wait for various publishes to correct these plants. Also along the way, we were able to obtain plants that I don't know if we can still get. I have a picture of some of them and as you can I see I have plenty to spare. I think I also have a bright pink flowering cactus, but I can't seem to find it. The rare rushes is the one on the far right, labeled bright common rushes plant.
I looted that odd green color rushes from an IDOC but does anyone have an idea of how that came from? ..