• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] [Rare Festival Event] Looking for a few adventurers with an eye for detail

• Thread starter Pliny The Elder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Pliny The Elder

I come to my fellow Sosarians looking for aid of the most urgent nature.

Oh! Forgive my rudeness, let me introduce myself first...

My name is Pliny the Elder. I am a citizen of Vesper and an earth scientist by profession. My early research into the Solen Colony revealed many interesting facts about their unique, er... society. It was my research that revealed the culture was dominated by a Matriarch. Of course this research was later stolen by... well, I shall not name the individual but he now profits from my efforts. MY RESEARCH! By sending fools on quests for seeds and other such... well... that's in the past... I have something important to tell you so listen closely.

Regarding the nature of my quest - I have been getting credible reports of a strange phenomenon bursting from underneath our lands. Reports claim to witness a sudden burst of flame from the earth in seemingly unexpected places. Yet, there must be a pattern to this. It is not only a matter of curiosity but safety as this could be a sign of a pending catastrophe! Alas, as age overcomes my limbs, speed is no longer a virtue I possess. Perhaps all the spelunking in the Solen caves just took the string from my legs... *sighs*

I will pass the locations of sightings as I get them and I need a young fellow to go there and report their observations. Observe caution as you proceed, as the information might not be easy to decipher and will probably require some knowledge of the land. It is of utmost significance that you treat the site in the same manner as a forensics expert would - try to not disturb the site in case you missed a clue that someone else might see or hear!

Needless to say that there will be handsome rewards in store for anyone who decides to take up this quest.

Keep an eye out here for more information.

F

feath

If you want to give me a time/date during the festival, I'll schedule your quest in. Sounds interesting, and well thought out!

P

Pliny The Elder

Uhm.. well, I have some more news for you fellas. Based on my findings so far, I have calculated that the next occurrence of this phenomenon will most likely happen on this coming Saturday at 19:30 GMT and Sunday at 21:30 GMT.

The flames tend to last for approximately 30 to 45 minutes so speed is a must. I would find a mage that can summon a gate instead of relying solely on your horse! I will have my hireling Kyle pass on the required information at the right time. You will find Kyle at the Rare Festival shop.

P

Pliny The Elder

Time fast approaches. I expect to hear something in only two short hours. Be prepared to get my message from Kyle. He told me he will be standing at the west end of the rare festival house - in black clothes!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok the quest is officialy over. Unfortunately it clashed with the scavenger hunt so not many people showed up. As far as I know, around 10 people attempted it and 6 finished it.

The winners were
Kayt - 5M gold
Miss polly - 3M gold
Nine Dark Moons - 2M gold

It was a lot of fun. Thank you Pliny! (and athelas, wizzax for helping)

I will post the walk through later.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quest started with purchasing a book from kyle named "Fire quest"

Book reads (author: Pliny The Elder),
Code:
Walter De Bolbec, that *******!

He was supposed to come and pass me the latest report of the sighting of the fire anomaly. But he is no where to be found.

I bet he is at Hanse's hostel, hanging out with his chums. Go there and tell him that Pliny The Elder sent him.

If he makes a fuss about a password, just say, "Give me the location, you worthless scum!" 

When you have found the fire anomaly meet me at the camp right behind the Skara ranger huts. I will be standing next to the cauldron. I willl reward the first three players.
So then you run to Hanse's hostel and meet up with Walter De Bolbec (wizzax). After conversing with Walter, you get this book,

Book name: Location of Anomaly
Author: Walter De Bolbec

Code:
In the deepest darkest dungeon,
lies an island of Shame.

To get down there 
without using the gates,
is the way shortest.

Speak the words of WISDOM,
when facing the dragon's lair.
Deciphering: You need to go to shame. Without using any gates means you stay on the first level. There is a dragon statue in Shame (on Europa) and when you say wisdom in front of it you are teleported at the bottom of the dungeon on an island with tower.

Once on the island, you will immediately see mysterious flames popping from the floor (Idle hands) and hear some strange bird like music (Fey lute). You need to listen to the music and go back to the skara ranger huts. Find Pliny (played by Athelas) and tell him the location of the anomaly + the music you heard.

WizzaX

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe

the password was hilarious!

it caught me off guard the first time >=P

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmmmm we really got crossed with events at the same time.. hey never mind its a very busy shard europas is....only 6-7 showed formy mini- dungeon crawl... alas i run same again sunday same time 18.00

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was very fun participating in your fire event Tomas! i'm still mystified by the fire gloves that make the pillars of fire and the bird music. that's cool. great job setting that up and thanks also to wizzax and athelas :)
you know how when you wander through a haunted house (like at an amusement park) and you think the person you see is a manequin until they turn and talk and that makes you jump and scream? that's how i felt with wizzax - i totally thought he was an NPC at the inn until i realized he was a real person LOL... that was spooky!!!

X

Xel Naga

Sounded like good fun, shamed i missed it
It was fun :)

Unfortunately I was on a char that had no runes or recall haha. I manage to get to the hanzes place for clue but after that there was no way I was going to run to shame xD

Ended up herding a million animals and bringing it to brit bank.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i beleive folk that hosted these events were expected people to xfer their chars over from their home shard so they werent new chars.

X

Xel Naga

Yeah i beleive folk that hosted these events were expected people to xfer their chars over from their home shard so they werent new chars.
Yea, I think the events were mostly initially thought of for being new player friendly as a large number of players simply taxi'ed items over with someone transferring to Euro from their home shard.

I know 3 people taxi'ed items along with Tomas from ATL, me being one of them. Granted I have chars on almost every shard with a LRC suit at this point from preparing for attending EM events long ago, euro seems to be one of the ones I never shipped off with runebooks on lol.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right! it's a pretty quick run from the brit moongate. HOWEVER (lol) i orignally went to the wrong dungeon and to get to that dungeon i had to run around luna like an idiot searching for a rune library with dungeon books. finally got to the right dungeon, but took me a while LOL... but i did it on a newbie char, thankfully she has scraped together a low level LRC suit last week, so she was able to recall off the rune lib books.