• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ranger of the Abyss Fel connection

• Thread starter Lings Bro
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lings Bro

What is the point of forcing PvM people to get res killed in Fel?

We do not have player killing macros set
We do not use speed hacks

And i don't play UO so some kid can kill me and collect insurance.

I am close enough to quitting.. if you guys want UO to be totally PvP keep it up... I am sure I will not be alone in shutting down my 7 year account.

Actually maybe it is time you gave us back the champ spawns - I want to play for power scrolls not pay for them!

The PvP'er have their facets .. they gank each other all day. I have watched, I have joined factions, I just dont see the fun in 5 against 1 or in running up against a speed hack

Why do you guys think Factions isn't working? --- There is no honor in the way PvP works in UO. Fix it so my thief can have a life. But don't force me to play this corupt version!

K

Kiminality

While I'm not exactly in favour of "sheep" being fed to the "wolves", in this case I have to point out that it's thus far one location out of nine.
You're not being forced to go to Fel - it's one optional stage of a quest.

F

five oclock

While I'm not exactly in favour of "sheep" being fed to the "wolves", in this case I have to point out that it's thus far one location out of nine.
You're not being forced to go to Fel - it's one optional stage of a quest.
actually yes I am...For the champs mostly..I been 115 for a very long time in certain skills... :D

But of course all the Pvpers would get all butt hurt if ya took there champs away...No you took my champ away now no one will come to fel..

and the only reason they like the champ spawns...for if they control it..they run the server...shrugs then again that was the olden days.. :D

A

Arch Magus

lol.....

close enough to quitting, because you "chose" to go to Felucca ONE day for some lame quest?

get real man, it's just a game.:sad2:

X

XavierGL

All I can say is BYE!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the cry babies like yourself that have ruined this game, I want to play for PS not pay for them BOOO FN HOOO!!!!

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually yes I am...For the champs mostly..I been 115 for a very long time in certain skills... :D

But of course all the Pvpers would get all butt hurt if ya took there champs away...No you took my champ away now no one will come to fel..

and the only reason they like the champ spawns...for if they control it..they run the server...shrugs then again that was the olden days.. :D
Here, play this.

Casca_The_Immortal

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You don't need to go over 100 to kill anything in tram. There is no need to come to fel except to say you are 120 and if you can do it without getting owned fine. Otherwise do some peerless and sell a cc and buy a scroll from one of us that can.

K

Kiminality

You don't need to go over 100 to kill anything in tram. There is no need to come to fel except to say you are 120 and if you can do it without getting owned fine. Otherwise do some peerless and sell a cc and buy a scroll from one of us that can.
Actually, reliably controlling certain pets requires 120s.
Sampire templates practically demand 120s in order to overcome the inherant weaknesses in the templates.
Bard skills require 120s to be effective against high-end creatures.

Anyway, y'all need to keep it civil in here.
Just sayin'

M

maroite

... You need 120 in some skills to effect peerless level mobs, and event bosses. You also need 120 in some skills if you want to maximize your characters effectiveness. rolleyes:

X

XavierGL

... You need 120 in some skills to effect peerless level mobs, and event bosses. You also need 120 in some skills if you want to maximize your characters effectiveness. rolleyes:
You us Fel players try real hard to be nice, the one time an event is held that we can take part in and the boards light up with the crying. Personally I find PvP very relaxing yes I die a ton but omg they are pixles so no big deal. It just gets sickening to hear the players that prefer to stay in tram cry because they had to EARN the uber item for a change. And as for PS's well your all welcome to come and earn them, the same as we all do. I find it funny that blues can hide in a guard zone, or stay in tram, malas ot tokuno. and yet us reds are never seen here on the boards crying about it. You never see us reds here on the boards crying because even after event is held in tram where we can not take part, yes it's our choise to play reds so your right to a certain extent we should be punished. But as far as saying the trammies are the major player base I think you are sadly mistaken on this point, before making such obsured acusations you may want to come to fel and look around.

K

Kiminality

You us Fel players try real hard to be nice
No, you don't.
Or if you do, you have a different definition of "try real hard to be nice" than the rest of civilised society.
I find it funny that blues can hide in a guard zone, or stay in tram, malas ot tokuno. and yet us reds are never seen here on the boards crying about it. You never see us reds here on the boards crying because even after event is held in tram where we can not take part
Yes, you do.

A

A Rev

I see trammel player act alot worse than any fel player!! on a much more regular basis!

I have seen a trammel player lose a part of his suit due to the insurance "bug", this has been in turn looted by a mob another player has killed. Guess what, the player who killed didnt res the guy and waited to loot his item...then just laughed f-in and blinding.

I have seen fel players lose entire suits, the person who loots has resed, stopped fighting, took them to the bank and gave a mil for insurance.

I see trammel players attempt to steal kills from others just in order to get a l33t item.

I see fel players working together to kill mobs, even when they are not alligned.

I see trammel players spam the screen at events with foul language directed towards other trammel players...i see fel players at the same events laughing at them lamenting the fact if it was in fel...it WOULD be different!

All in all, fel is generally a more civilised place than trammel. **** talking occurs of course...there are inflamed egos, yet at the end of the day...99% know, its just a game. Trammel hasn't seemed to work this out yet.

K

Kiminality

I see trammel player act alot worse than any fel player!! on a much more regular basis!

I have seen a trammel player lose a part of his suit due to the insurance "bug", this has been in turn looted by a mob another player has killed. Guess what, the player who killed didnt res the guy and waited to loot his item...then just laughed f-in and blinding.

I have seen fel players lose entire suits, the person who loots has resed, stopped fighting, took them to the bank and gave a mil for insurance.

I see trammel players attempt to steal kills from others just in order to get a l33t item.

I see fel players working together to kill mobs, even when they are not alligned.

I see trammel players spam the screen at events with foul language directed towards other trammel players...i see fel players at the same events laughing at them lamenting the fact if it was in fel...it WOULD be different!

All in all, fel is generally a more civilised place than trammel. **** talking occurs of course...there are inflamed egos, yet at the end of the day...99% know, its just a game. Trammel hasn't seemed to work this out yet.
So, what you're doing is comparing the best of Fel with the worst of Tram.
That is an absolutely terrible argument.
I mean, you should probably be embarrassed by it.

A

A Rev

So, what you're doing is comparing the best of Fel with the worst of Tram.
That is an absolutely terrible argument.
I mean, you should probably be embarrassed by it.
Its exactly the same as you comparing the best of trammel to the worst of fel.

I probable spend ALOT more time in fel than you and i see alot more of the kind of players and actions which take place there.

K

Kiminality

Its exactly the same as you comparing the best of trammel to the worst of fel.

I probable spend ALOT more time in fel than you and i see alot more of the kind of players and actions which take place there.
Well, by that note, I spend a lot more time in Tram than you do, and I see a lot more of the kind of players and actions that take place there.

There are jerks in both facets, it's just that the Fel ruleset allows people to be bigger jerks.

And besides, several EM events I've attended on US shards were more disrupted by the PvPers (in Tram) than they were by anyone else.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the point of forcing PvM people to get res killed in Fel?

We do not have player killing macros set
We do not use speed hacks

And i don't play UO so some kid can kill me and collect insurance.

I am close enough to quitting.. if you guys want UO to be totally PvP keep it up... I am sure I will not be alone in shutting down my 7 year account.

Actually maybe it is time you gave us back the champ spawns - I want to play for power scrolls not pay for them!

The PvP'er have their facets .. they gank each other all day. I have watched, I have joined factions, I just dont see the fun in 5 against 1 or in running up against a speed hack

Why do you guys think Factions isn't working? --- There is no honor in the way PvP works in UO. Fix it so my thief can have a life. But don't force me to play this corupt version!
everything you say is true... but if you are doing champ spawns with one or very few people helping, this can and will happen to you. i call this the 'greedy way' because you may benefit by not needing to roll for them afterwards if you finish and make it out. on the flip side ...
if you do a champ spawn with some decent numbers and/or become more community oriented and join a guild that has more pvp experience, the outcome would be better at the expense of 'rolling' for scrolls at the end.
also most if not all people who raid spawns(reds blues greys), do it for the pvp action with the spawn as the variable and the scrolls and gold are gravy.
this works on the quests in fel as well, don't be a john rambo, go with other heads... it's fel for heavens sake.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are jerks in both facets, it's just that the Fel ruleset allows people to be bigger jerks.
Is it just my imagination or is every mod in these forums a trammy...go figure.

K

Kiminality

Is it just my imagination or is every mod in these forums a trammy...go figure.
I know you meant that as a veiled attack, but think about that subject for a little.
If you can get past your biases and just, you might find yourself at a startling revelation.

But, by all means, don't let such inconvenient things stand in the way of a good bit of forum PvP.