• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Random Observation

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I was doing a Trade run and I thought to myself, "I wonder what happens if a Thief steals something from the crate." I got my thief on and decided to try it out, so I stole an item from the chest and noticed that the count never changed, but sure enough one was gone. I then went on to my destination and turned in the order to see what would happen. I got the normal message and received a reward of a .7 SoT for Throwing. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this and if it is intended, or if there is supposed to be different outcome? I would think they would have at least come up with a scenario that incorporated the theft and either penalized you or gave the Thief a boon or Title. any Thoughts on this?

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't realize that it didn't change the count. I've stolen quite a few items from the crates hoping to spawn a little frustration. Meh. May as well bless them. :p

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, I am sort of wondering if they forgot to add something, or maybe they didn't even contemplate a thief would steal from the crates. I wonder if you can even insure items in the chest on Prodo? maybe they did it on purpose to give Thieves some love.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
test stealing an item in crate and then adding an item. perhaps at the point of adding does it verify how many are in crate?
might be possible to only make 1 item, put into crate, steal it out, drop it in again - to save making all the items.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm are the fishing crates treated the same way?!?!!!
hahahahahaa (save the lobsters)

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well... they only exist in your ships hold.... so they can't really be *stolen* from. BUT, the mere idea of saving precious precious crabs and lobsters, means it bears investigation

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, I am sort of wondering if they forgot to add something, or maybe they didn't even contemplate a thief would steal from the crates. I wonder if you can even insure items in the chest on Prodo? maybe they did it on purpose to give Thieves some love.
Dev: "Wait, you can use the stealing skill on players?!?"