• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Random idea .....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why not let imbuers have the abillity to increase mods that are on a piece already even if that mod normally is not imbuable (ie hci on armor). I cant count the times that i get a decent piece but it has only 1 in something i cant imbue up. Too over powered?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't think they'd probably go this route.

Imagine trying to come up with a new item to get people to play new content.

It'd be impossible if we were allowed to imbue anything, even if it were just increasing an existing mod.

I do wish they would figure out a way to let us uncurse an item or
remove it modify the brittle tag.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was always liked the Idea of a npc being able to do this as a gold sink, 500k for curse, 300k for prized, 200k for -luck, 100k for 50 stone or what have ya. The amounts are just random.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was always liked the Idea of a npc being able to do this as a gold sink, 500k for curse, 300k for prized, 200k for -luck, 100k for 50 stone or what have ya. The amounts are just random.
This would be a great gold sink.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it would need to be massive amounts of gold. considering items that are cursed would commonly be worth 100 to 300m if not cursed (thats just for the common ones) and youd also have to take into consideration the cursed items that if not cursed would be in 1bil range.

i think a fair amount that would not lead to more "gear inflation" (overwhelming amount of new mods / items easily available" the gold amount would have to be around 300m at least per piece to remove cursed.

or do it exponentially by weight. the equation would have to be worked on to get it right. like 400weight (a trash item) costs 100k to uncurse. 600weight item costs maybe 50m, 1k weight item costs 1bil.

seriously, we already have crazy amounts of items / mods. brittle should have had max durability capped at 100. do we really need to "uncurse" more legendaries? already seeing very usuable legendaries trashed on the ground is a bit depressing and doesnt make me think of a piece of armor a "legend" would be told about.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I concur with @Smoot 's point that this would lead to more "gear inflation". Most artifact drops are already obsolete and allowing imbuers to increase mods on gear would only contribute further.

If they're going to make any particular crafting changes any time soon, they need to simplify the refinement system a bit.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not think about inflation.... but if it was restricted to greater magic items or below...could still be a win.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
it would need to be massive amounts of gold. considering items that are cursed would commonly be worth 100 to 300m if not cursed (thats just for the common ones) and youd also have to take into consideration the cursed items that if not cursed would be in 1bil range.

i think a fair amount that would not lead to more "gear inflation" (overwhelming amount of new mods / items easily available" the gold amount would have to be around 300m at least per piece to remove cursed.

or do it exponentially by weight. the equation would have to be worked on to get it right. like 400weight (a trash item) costs 100k to uncurse. 600weight item costs maybe 50m, 1k weight item costs 1bil.

seriously, we already have crazy amounts of items / mods. brittle should have had max durability capped at 100. do we really need to "uncurse" more legendaries? already seeing very usuable legendaries trashed on the ground is a bit depressing and doesnt make me think of a piece of armor a "legend" would be told about.
This is a possibility but I don't see it very likely.

As far the intensity weight, I think the cursed and non-cursed are similar. You will probably have some that came before the legendary nerf but I don't see that being a big deal.

Dropping non-cursed items would hold no more value than cursed once they become uncursed, given the weights are the same level.