• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Random forum pages are not loading for me

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a fairly new thing that's popped up in the past few weeks. The majority of forum pages aren't loading for me. They open as normal, the header/background loads, the banner ad shows as normal, but none of the content comes up. Refreshing the pages does nothing, and a page that hasn't loaded is guaranteed to stay like that for some time, upon which it apparently fixes itself (temporarily!)

I am currently unable to PM anybody because the Conversations page has been un-loadable for weeks. About half the forum pages and threads that I try to open have this happen; I have no choice but to go off and do something else until it decides to work. It happens equally on threads, individual posts, forums, user pages, etc.

Is this happening to anybody else, or is it just me? My computer is working fine and I haven't had trouble with any other pages. Weirdly, it happens when I browse Stratics on my phone too, but in that case, refreshing fixes the problem.

Last edited:

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...of course, as soon as I posted that, everything seemed to go back to normal. Weeks it's been like this! Weeks! I knew this would happen!

Now I look like a fool. :(

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this happens again in the future, you may want to try taking a screenshot, and/or noting down if it's still showing as loading anything.
It sounds like something timeout related, what with the displaying properly after waiting a while.

Thankfully it's working for you now.
If it goes wonky again, don't wait weeks ;)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
...of course, as soon as I posted that, everything seemed to go back to normal. Weeks it's been like this! Weeks! I knew this would happen!

Now I look like a fool. :(
Technology, eh? Fair-weather friend if there ever was one.