• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tactics] Raising the skill

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It used to be a fairly easy skill to raise. Just go out and whack stuff. Now it seems to be one of the harder skills to raise.

I am training a new sammy. I am fighting ogre lords for the most part.

Fencing 110
Parry 100
Anatomy 81.2
Bushido 81.2
Tactics 41.2

anatomy/bushido are raising normally as I fight. But tactics is stuck at 41.xx. I havent had a tactics gain in well over 20-30 pts in gain of other skills.

Is there a new *trick* to tactics now? It used to gain as fast as anatomy when fighting.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tactics level of whatever you're fighting needs to be within 20 points of your own tactics even to get a GGS gain. So what you have to do is go back to fighting something easier for a while.

Lizardmen work well from the 40-60 range, I believe. And you can collect spined leather for use or sale in the process.