• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tactics] Raising tactics with high weapon skill

G

Gellor

I did a search and didn't see what I wanted. The FAQ I wasn't certain about the info given the 2001 date.

So the title basically states the issue. But to give more info.

I've got 120 mace fighting on a template. Tactics is around 30-40 range. I want to get to the 100+ range.

Should I be going for monsters in the range for tactics as the FAQ states? Or is there some ultra secret method nowdays?:eek:

I

imperterritus

I have a similar issue on one of my guys. I don't know of any magic way to gain, so I just use the old guidance of fighting monsters in range for your current Tactics skill.

There is one concrete suggestion I can make, however. Since you aren't at 50 Tactics yet, get over to New Haven. You can buy Tactics to 40, and then accept the accelerated gain quest to raise it quickly to 50 by fighting in the Old Haven area.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Buy it to 40
New Haven quest to 50
Put on jewelry to 80
Golem train to cap.

C

Connor_Graham

Start at level 1 Despise with the Lizardmen. As Tactics raises work your way down until you're at the bottom level. You'll gain quickly and will earn a few arties while doing so. Once you hit around 100 head to the Yomotsu Mines and go to the room with 2 warriors. Beat on them to 120. If you're just going for GM or so, you'll be able to do that with no problem in Despise, using the Ogre Lords for the last bit from about 90/95-100. Much more fun and entertaining than beating on a golem imo.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do exactly what Connor said when I train weapons skill, tactics, and anatomy except with one change. Once I hit 80 I leave Despise and go to the Yomotsu mines. The very first spawn location is in the entrance tunnel with an earth elemental and a dull copper elemental. The respawn rate is great. I farm them from 80-100 then move further in the mines from 100-120.

-OBSIDIAN-