• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cooking] Raising Cooking

• Thread starter Nyte Doombringer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nyte Doombringer

What is the best way to raise cooking these days?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cook

Cook Food, if oyu have a fisherman and go out fishing for earls just save the fish and cook the steaks.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stood in the bakery in Moonglow grinding wheat for flour and making bread and selling it to the baker all the way to GM.... my cook was somewhere in the 70's when I began the run to GM and it really didn't take all that long, just doing it for as long as I could stand it at a stretch

helps to have a buddy gathering wheat for you (and use the menu to make the flour, I was clicking on the wheat and mill, but you get gains if you use the menu) and it is very nice to have one of those endless water pitchers

good luck!

S

soulstoner

I camped the bakery in Makoto Jima (close to the bank) with my ~endless water pitchers. I purchased the flour there in cycles and cranked out mass quantities of bread and sold it back to NPC .... didn't cost too much in the long run. Occasionally I'd purchase up some honey (it stacks) and make the sweet dough then some cookies & cakes for a diversion and little change up gain boost (you can sell the stuff to the NPCs). As Devil's Owns stated ... just did it here and there for as long as I could stand it in a stretch.

T'was a happy day to GM it .... the grapes of wrath and enchanted apples are a great aid to my fighter chars & the natural dyes now are a super duper awesome perk.

Enjoy :pancakes:

Someday -- Stack Sugar, Cocoa Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Coco Chanel,
Vanilla and chocolate bits !!?!
[/QUOTE]

G

guum

I camped the bakery in Makoto Jima (close to the bank) with my ~endless water pitchers. I purchased the flour there in cycles and cranked out mass quantities of bread and sold it back to NPC .... didn't cost too much in the long run. Occasionally I'd purchase up some honey (it stacks) and make the sweet dough then some cookies & cakes for a diversion and little change up gain boost (you can sell the stuff to the NPCs). As Devil's Owns stated ... just did it here and there for as long as I could stand it in a stretch.
Great minds think alike, apparently. This is exactly where and how I'm doing it.

Also, I made good use of UOA's organizer agent to move all those empty pitchers into bags for easy disposal. Once I got this system down, it was pretty easy. I've gone from 33-85 in 3 days, probably about 10 hours total play. I should make it to 95 today, and I've got a 5.0 coooking trans scroll sitting in a chest ready to go.

edit: oh, I forgot. At around 80 I switched to miso soup. It requires a bit more time running the organizer agent relative to actual crafting, since miso soups don't stack, but the gains are quicker since the success rate is like 50% instead of 80%.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What endless water pitchers???? I'm sitting in my house, so I can use my trough on the 20 pitchers I have in my pack. Not too fun, and I'm only at 77.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What endless water pitchers???? I'm sitting in my house, so I can use my trough on the 20 pitchers I have in my pack. Not too fun, and I'm only at 77.
I think you can do this in the waters around zento. Go to zento, go south to the shorline and use a pitcher a few tiles outside in the water till it fills up (may need to try different spots?) Then do it again. This helps if you have a use last target and a use last object macro. Hit use last target then use last object, over and over (about a 100 times at least) and this should give you an endless pitcher of water.

S

soulstoner

'Endless Water Pitchers' Rock!!!! :pint:For cooking AND Gardening.

Get a pitcher, any pitcher empty or with water already in it and go to Makoto Jima Moongate and head strait on to the South-westerly direction onto the little bridge (lovely little spot) and double click your water pitcher in your pouch then target the water fall animation ,,, repeat (Standard 'Use Last Object' Macro) for around 10 - 20 minutes & you'll have like over 1000 water servings.

To know how many uses you have - just water something then check your Journal it wall say the amount of uses remaining.

Nice and tidy .... :stir:I keep 2 full or close to full and one empty.

There are a few other water fall splashy animation tiles you may find that work as well.

G

guum

Neat trick. I just keep buying full pitchers and tossing them out when they're empty. It works too, although I know there are people who will be annoyed by the idea. ;)

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for clarification, the waterfall tiles I found by a bridge out there (NW edge of town) were sake, not water. :O

However, to the east, directly in front of the north side of the town, I found a little pond with the waterfall. No bridge, though.

S

soulstoner

Just for clarification, the waterfall tiles I found by a bridge out there (NW edge of town) were sake, not water. :O

However, to the east, directly in front of the north side of the town, I found a little pond with the waterfall. No bridge, though.
Sake !!! nuh uhh --- that's too funny --- I think you're kidding & funny. But yes the little pond there East of North side of town is kewl too -- with the crane that hangs out.

I was thinkin' SW direction from the moongate for the bridge scene. M-O-O-N that spells Sake.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another source of water for a bottomless pitcher can be found at the southern end of the bridge directly south of the Beekeeper shop in Vesper on both Fel and Tram.

M

mjolnir131

i did it for production for warrior suppost, using the herb basket made grapes of wrath 95 skill needed or is that the apples which ever it was.alot of drag and drop but fairly quick gains

M

mjolnir131

if your on GL you can use my kitchen in yew "hammer of the gods" elf oven and water trough right there first floor make a macro to refill all the water pitchers and then only run to the store to get flour.

Did they ever fix the flour from flour mill not working bug?

D

Dragonchilde

"endless" water pitchers can be made with any moving water tile, or wave tiles in the ocean. I have one right in front of my house (which is ridiculously convenient.) They're not really endless... when you water a plant, you can look in your journal, and it'll tell you how many uses you have. I think each fill gives you ten pours, something like?

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
almost all the ponds around Zento can be used to fill up the 'endless' pitchers (execpt the one that does sake LOL) - just target around the edges on them, or try different places till you get the msg that you've filled the pitcher. I use the pond by the bank or the one by my house (which is on the southwest side of zento).

S

soulstoner

"endless" water pitchers can be made with any moving water tile, or wave tiles in the ocean. ...They're not really endless... when you water a plant, you can look in your journal, and it'll tell you how many uses you have. I think each fill gives you ten pours, something like?
I noted 5 pours per individual target fill from waterfall tile. :thumbsup:

D

Dragonchilde

Aha, thanks for the correction.

I've found a nice last object/wait for target/last target macro with a hammer sitting on it is very nice for refilling your pitcher to mass quantities without carpal tunnel!

Oh, and just for the record: I've been using the flour = > dough => bread method, and I've hit 92 cooking in about two days of not-dedicated playing. The new menu system makes this INSANELY easy.