• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Raised Bed question

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I've got one of the Raised Garden Beds. Now, exactly how do I put the plant bowls into it? Or, do you just put seeds into it directly?

Amazed that I can't find this basic info anywhere...
:wall:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nevermind the question above, I figured it out finally.... Duh...
But, now that I'm here - any hints about growing in the Raised Beds would be appreciated... Long time UO player, but new to gardening...

:eyes:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The raised beds are the easiest to grow in I have 2 growing all the time!

1 plant seeds
2 in 9 days they start producing
3 after all production over (17 days i think it is) set them to deco and replant no need to do anything to them (no need to worry about bugs or anything with these)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The raised beds are the easiest to grow in I have 2 growing all the time!

1 plant seeds
2 in 9 days they start producing
3 after all production over (17 days i think it is) set them to deco and replant no need to do anything to them (no need to worry about bugs or anything with these)
Hey thx Storm... Is that 17 real or UO days?

:eek:

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you use fertile dirt it cuts down the real time by quite a bit, but the great thing about the raised beds is you don't have to water or potion them just plant and harvest (cross pollinate if you so desire)

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
this is a quote from the origin store about garden beds: "...while a maintenance-free garden bed grows beautiful plants inside of a week."

when i read that, i interpreted it as having mature plants (able to set to decorative mode) in less than 7 days. i wonder what they truly meant b/c all of my plants grow just as slowly as they do in plant bowls. it sure would be nice if the growth cycles for garden beds took 1/2 the time of a plant bowl. :D

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is a quote from the origin store about garden beds: "...while a maintenance-free garden bed grows beautiful plants inside of a week."

when i read that, i interpreted it as having mature plants (able to set to decorative mode) in less than 7 days. i wonder what they truly meant b/c all of my plants grow just as slowly as they do in plant bowls. it sure would be nice if the growth cycles for garden beds took 1/2 the time of a plant bowl. :D
Maybe this is grounds for a class action law suit!:tongue:

We were duped by false promises and advertising about advanced growth rates on Garden Beds.

Sure would be nice to have GBs speed up the process.

Last edited: