Rain, rain, rain...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 31, 2003
Chocobo Racing Circuit
toontown.stratics.com
I'm sure y'all have heard the news about Iowa and surrounding states and all the rain we're getting. Our area has been lucky so far, but the cities near the rivers.. not so much. And now it's raining again!!
Locally, everyone's basements are flooding. Ours didn't really "flood" but water came up the drain and got the floor a bit wet. The worst part is when all the rain started we were without most of the roof on the house. Now they have that part finished, but there are still some bare parts between the old and the new. I just hope it stays outside this time :(
IAC021-201422-
/O.CON.KFSD.FL.W.0014.000000T0000Z-080624T0000Z/
/LNNI4.1.ER.080531T1003Z.080616T0400Z.080623T0000Z.NO/
922 AM CDT THU JUN 19 2008

THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR
THE LITTLE SIOUX RIVER AT LINN GROVE.
* UNTIL MONDAY EVENING.
* AT 08AM THURSDAY THE STAGE WAS 18.6 FEET.
* MINOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.
* FLOOD STAGE IS 18.0 FEET.
* FORECAST...THE RIVER WILL CONTINUE TO FALL TO BELOW FLOOD STAGE BY
SUNDAY JUNE 22.
* AT STAGES NEAR 18.5 FEET...THE CITY PARK IN SIOUX RAPIDS IS FLOODED.

B

Bumbledogswirls

There is major flooding and even devestation happening in WI too.... 16 in in one week!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 12, 2003
Pennsylvania
Save the Corn, we need to keep those prices down! Hope you don't need a boat at all to get away, that wouldn't be cool.

G

Granjell

That's right - I saw pictures of all the barge traffic that's stuck because there's no clearance for them under the bridges anymore. Not for a while anyway. My families' prayers go out to all affected by the flooding. I lived in Des Moine, Iowa for 2 years (many years ago) and it was a great, friendly place, and I grew up in Wisconsin and still have friends there. None affected so far, knock wood.

S

Stubby

:grouphug: Sending you and all who are affected a hug and our prayers. I have had a little taste of the weather disasters since I live in south Florida. Ive been thru more hurricanes than I can count on my fingers and toes.
Anyhow, take care and be safe. See ya in TT:popcorn: