• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Radiant Scimitar -- How much SSI is enough?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm scouring the swing speed charts. Without any extra SSI bonuses from non-weapon sources (i.e. 5 SSI from turquoise ring), it looks to me there is no benefit going higher than 20 SSI on a Radiant Scimitar. I should use the rest of the imbuing intensity to get the leeches as high as possible. If I could get to 35 SSI that would put me at another tier, but with just the weapon it looks like 20 SSI gets me the best I can get and at the right cost.

What do you all think? Is there any benefit of going 25 or 30 SSI with a 2.5s Radiant Scimitar?

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Connor_Graham

If I could get to 35 SSI that would put me at another tier
30 SSI on the wep plus 5 on a ring puts you at 35 SSI. Why wouldn't you want to have that? A few points of leeching isn't going to help much, but having a larger cushion for when you're taking damage is a very nice thing to have.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you assume that you'll be hit hard, then you shouldn't use your max stamina as your judge.

However, at 90 stamina and 20 SSI, you'll still swing at max speed.

At 35 SSI, you'll still swing at max speed until you're as low as 60 stamina.

For me, on a radiant scimitar, you only really need 20 SSI.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Certainly, If I can get the right turquoise ring with 5 SSI, then I will go that route. But I don't have a tinker at the moment so I am trying to come up with a sustainable means to provide upkeep/replacement of the imbued items on the suit. I have a legendary artificer, smith, and tailor... but no tinker in the mix. That's why i asked if I could get by with 20 SSI and I'm instead trying to max stamina. I've got 173 stamina on the suit ATM. Trying to push it up to 180.

-OBSIDIAN-

P.S. Wanted to add that the purpose of this build is primarily for spawning... mainly Arachnid and Abyss. So I would have to handle those mobs and their respective bosses. The hardest mob this guy should face will be Dreadhorn. Not sure if that affects your calculus any.