• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quiver of Rage *prepatch*??? Devs look

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
70 physical on a mage and am being running shot with supposed *prepatch* quiver of rage for 26+ dmg every shot. Someone want to explain how these quivers are in game? (considering they were all supposed to be nerfed)

The stats are:
10 damage inc.
40 physical...
50 cold.

Atlantic shard...these have popped up all over...in the LNR and CoW guilds.

Edit: GMs are doing nothing about these...even though the item is an exploit.

F

Fox (Europa)

There's a couple of guys in the speeder/exploit/script guild on Europa with these. Saw one for sale at 100M.

D

DarkScripture

No such thing as prepatch?? I have TONS of prepatches items from playing 10 years. My fav is the Windsong. The 26 on all 70's is NOTHING using that thing, *grin*. I have 5 of those quivers. I personally don't like playing an archer.. Boring. They are not exploits they just did not do a good job of rolling them all back.

I guess I was wrong if you use any item it can be called and exploit..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploitation
The term "exploitation" may carry two distinct meanings:

The act of utilizing something for any purpose. In this case, exploit is a synonym for use.
The act of utilizing something in an unjust or cruel manner. It is this meaning of exploitation which is discussed below

G

gjohnson5

No such thing as prepatch?? I have TONS of prepatches items from playing 10 years. My fav is the Windsong. The 26 on all 70's is NOTHING using that thing, *grin*. I have 5 of those quivers. I personally don't like playing an archer.. Boring. They are not exploits they just did not do a good job of rolling them all back.
Same here . I have tons of them too

Quivers have been change a number of times.
IMHO all the quivers should be legal even the ones that let you carry 2000 arrows/bolts... This would be for the same reason gold was reduced in weight. I don't like having to go back to my house to rearm every hour

D

DarkScripture

Don't wear the bugged quiver. My question is how would anyone know you had a quiver in your pack?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here . I have tons of them too

Quivers have been change a number of times.
IMHO all the quivers should be legal even the ones that let you carry 2000 arrows/bolts... This would be for the same reason gold was reduced in weight. I don't like having to go back to my house to rearm every hour
Here is what both of you do not seem to understand or want to admit. There is no such thing as prepatch on this item (quiver of rage) as the item was nerfed by a retroactive publish, affecting all previous items of the same type. The very same type of retroactive pulish that affected the task master, talon bite, shall i go on?

So, considering a publish which nerfed ALL items of its type, how is it that you still have this (prepatch quiver of rage)?

D

DarkScripture

I did not write the roll back code, so thus can not answer this. You say that they can not exist but I personally have prepatch items. ALL of which were gathered by hand. Many did not roll back as they coded it too is all I can say. I have a prepatch of both of the two you listed. They have diffrent damage caps. I never use these items due to getting in a GM pissing contest. Best to leave sleeping dogs lie, than to out run them.

This is not to say they should not or could not be reverted still. I would only morn the loss of parting with it & it being rare.

Hell give all the reverted ones a tag.
" I was broke. Now I'm fixed."
*grin*

G

gjohnson5

Here is what both of you do not seem to understand or want to admit. There is no such thing as prepatch on this item (quiver of rage) as the item was nerfed by a retroactive publish
It's not my understanding that broken. It's your understanding of what was patched

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is what both of you do not seem to understand or want to admit. There is no such thing as prepatch on this item (quiver of rage) as the item was nerfed by a retroactive publish, affecting all previous items of the same type. The very same type of retroactive pulish that affected the task master, talon bite, shall i go on?

So, considering a publish which nerfed ALL items of its type, how is it that you still have this (prepatch quiver of rage)?
Equipment items in the game all have a "base", and that base has fixed stats on it that apply to all items which use it. Take the Soul Seeker, for example. It's base is the Radiant Scimitar. The reason the Soul Seeker has a "weapon damage" rating of 12-14 is because the Radiant Scimitar does.

If the damage rating of the base item was changed, all items - either pre-patch or otherwise - would see the same change.

However, there're obvious differences between the Seeker and the plain Scimitar - The Seeker has a special colour/title, a swing speed increase, and so on and so forth. You can't change these things by messing with a base item, they're applied specifically to each artifact on a case by case basis. And users can customise these items further with stuff like Tokuno dyes and so forth. Imbuing will let us take that further still. But one thing we won't ever be able to change is the base stats on an item, such as swing speed (we can add the SSI property, but we can't change the base swing speed listed on the item).

So, given this, you should be able to see the difference between the Talon Bite patch and the Quiver of Rage patch.

With the Talon Bite, they just tweaked the stats on the base item (Ornate Axe). Boom, hey presto, suddenly every single item based on the Ornate had it's stats changed.

With the Quiver, they needed to change stats that didn't apply to the base item at all (the custom damage type properties) - they actually had to change all the QoR's out there individually.

If any QoR's still exist with the old mods on them, then that means they somehow missed some of them. No idea how. Step one towards getting it fixed is providing proof to the devs that some of the items missed the change sweep.

G

gjohnson5

Equipment items in the game all have a "base", and that base has fixed stats on it that apply to all items which use it. Take the Soul Seeker, for example. It's base is the Radiant Scimitar. The reason the Soul Seeker has a "weapon damage" rating of 12-14 is because the Radiant Scimitar does.

If the damage rating of the base item was changed, all items - either pre-patch or otherwise - would see the same change.

However, there're obvious differences between the Seeker and the plain Scimitar - The Seeker has a special colour/title, a swing speed increase, and so on and so forth. You can't change these things by messing with a base item, they're applied specifically to each artifact on a case by case basis. And users can customise these items further with stuff like Tokuno dyes and so forth. Imbuing will let us take that further still. But one thing we won't ever be able to change is the base stats on an item, such as swing speed (we can add the SSI property, but we can't change the base swing speed listed on the item).

So, given this, you should be able to see the difference between the Talon Bite patch and the Quiver of Rage patch.

With the Talon Bite, they just tweaked the stats on the base item (Ornate Axe). Boom, hey presto, suddenly every single item based on the Ornate had it's stats changed.

With the Quiver, they needed to change stats that didn't apply to the base item at all (the custom damage type properties) - they actually had to change all the QoR's out there individually.

If any QoR's still exist with the old mods on them, then that means they somehow missed some of them. No idea how. Step one towards getting it fixed is providing proof to the devs that some of the items missed the change sweep.
But this should have no effect on quivers
Base damage is based on the weapon you're holding , not the quiver...
The quiver itself has a damage modifier which should be 10%. I don't think that's changed on any quivers...

The damage type of the old quiver of rage had 10% of it missing. I don't know if that missing 10% comes from the weapon you're holding or what. Not sure and I've never was all that attracted to them because of the 40% physical damage. The quiver of infinity does not change the damage your weapon does, so I would just use multiple bows with different damage....

I really don't see how using one of these is gives any advantage. It's still mostly cold damage

*edit*
Actually it's the WildFire Bow and it's 19-22

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Base damage is based on the weapon you're holding , not the quiver...
Base damage has nothing to do with the subject at hand. That's the point. I was describing the difference between properties such as "base damage" and properties such as "damage type".

The quiver itself has a damage modifier which should be 10%. I don't think that's changed on any quivers...
Correct, and it wasn't supposed to.

The damage type of the old quiver of rage had 10% of it missing.
That 10% was Direct Damage (that is to say, damage that ignored the target's armor completely). Refer to the Quiver link in my above post for more information on how that worked. After the patch, no quivers should have this property.

I think my old faerie Fire may still have the 20-24 base damage as well
By all means go check it. I'd be interested to see an object "break the mould".

Edit: If I were to put forward a theory, it'd be this:

When the quiver change was introduced, along with it came a bug that caused any custom dyes applied to the item to be reverted to the default QoR colour when the character next logged in.

Now the devs just said it was a bug and it'd get fixed "sooner or later". It took a lot longer then people expected, during which time much rare dye was wasted.

This implies that every time a character was logging in, the patch was being applied to any quivers he/she owned.

It could well be that the reason it took so long to "fix" was because they wanted as many people with the quivers to log in as possible in order to get their items patched. If people didn't log on during that time, then their gear did not get patched at all...

It sounds like an oddly sloppy way to deal with the matter, but it sounds right to me given the results.

G

gjohnson5

Base damage has nothing to do with the subject at hand. That's the point. I was describing the difference between properties such as "base damage" and properties such as "damage type".
I guess I was wondering why you spend all that time writing about a subject that has nothing to do with the thread. We know that weapons have a base damage and "artis" damage should be based on the type of weapon it is...

Anyway the direct damage I guess would be an issue and would need to be fixed. It would seem however that removing that property from all items of type "quiver of rage" would be the easist way to go.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually it's the WildFire Bow and it's 19-22
Oooh, that's interesting...

I don't suppose you could get a Changling/Imprisoned Dog to dupe it, then check the damage rating on the item it generates?

(No, I don't mean "illegal" dupe, just check out what the critter ends up holding in it's hands).

Another thing that might be worth pointing out is that characters that don't log in for a month go AWOL from MyUO. Could be that such characters are also exempt from certain item sweeps.

R

RichDC

Oooh, that's interesting...

I don't suppose you could get a Changling/Imprisoned Dog to dupe it, then check the damage rating on the item it generates?

(No, I don't mean "illegal" dupe, just check out what the critter ends up holding in it's hands).

Another thing that might be worth pointing out is that characters that don't log in for a month go AWOL from MyUO. Could be that such characters are also exempt from certain item sweeps.
Almost definatly as there items/stats/skills are saved on an old database and archived i believe, so in essence it doesnt include those items in the active server list (i assume)

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the FoF:

At this time we would like to ask all players to page in if they have a “bugged” quivers. If you page in yourself, our GMs are able to fix these. The GMs do ask for your patience as the fix may take some time. Please be advised that if another player pages in on you for having a “bugged” quiver, your account may be subject to punitive actions.
I somehow get the impression people don't really care about getting their quivers "fixed". The fixed ones aren't worth anything. More likely they'll stick the bugged ones in a crate for long term storage or something.