• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quitting uo

• Thread starter MuffinBear
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

MuffinBear

So I quit UO many years ago when it started rapidly declining in quality, I came back a few months ago only to realize it's still just as horrible as it was when I left (only now it has fewer players).

Anyways, I might as well pay for a game that I actually want to play instead of paying for a game that I do not want to play.

Maybe i'll try EverQuest and see how badly it's declined or maybe i'll try WoW and see how it's going...or maybe i'll try something else like AION or EVE.

So, what should I do with my stuff?

Donate it all to some auction house?
Donate it to some guild?
Stuff it all in my house and let it decay?
Throw it all in the delete box?
Throw it all on the ground in various spots?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I quit UO many years ago when it started rapidly declining in quality, I came back a few months ago only to realize it's still just as horrible as it was when I left (only now it has fewer players).

Anyways, I might as well pay for a game that I actually want to play instead of paying for a game that I do not want to play.

Maybe i'll try EverQuest and see how badly it's declined or maybe i'll try WoW and see how it's going...or maybe i'll try something else like AION or EVE.

So, what should I do with my stuff?

Donate it all to some auction house?
Donate it to some guild?
Stuff it all in my house and let it decay?
Throw it all in the delete box?
Throw it all on the ground in various spots?
What shard? Give it all to me!

K

Kiminality

Most valuable items in pack beetles and bank boxes.
Do something random with all the stuff you want to ditch.

That way, if you come back you've still got the stuff you wanted to keep, and if you don't, then you haven't lost anything.

M

MuffinBear

What shard? Give it all to me!
Atlantic shard...I should of posted this in the atlantic forum instead of the rants n rave.

Keep it. More than likely you'll be back
I might come back in 5 or 10 years just to see what it's like and quit again soon after but I don't know if UO will still be around 5 or 10 years from now.

That way, if you come back you've still got the stuff you wanted to keep, and if you don't, then you haven't lost anything.
I think EA deletes inactive accounts after a while.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well from someone whos left a few times, and been back...

Bank your stuff make alts for it...beetle the rest and sit on them then log out..

Anything you put in trash will and up in the Abyss, well 30% i think..

But it seems theres not many people for you to play with...

Make a char on another shard..GL isent bad for people..

And trust me game has improved since 3 years back..less anal people trash talking or cheeting that i can see..

But then im at the point were i play the game for myself and thats it...

Dont get me wrong i interact with many a people..but im here for my enjoyment...not what AE trys to force to you..

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you really wanted to quit UO so badly you wouldn't care about your in-game items...and neither do we.