• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quiting uo thanks for ruining archers

J

jasper2310

Like how i shud play uo now? i got 116 mana on my archer and i can do 4 armor ignores and my computer is just to slow to play a mage! Thanks for ruining a good game hope you guys all like to play a game with 1 class witch is MAGE.

Have fun with ultima online i am out of this game near 9 years of playing

A

A Rev

WOW!!!

Really???

It makes that much of a difference??

Thats kinda awesome!!!!

{P.S. ADAPT, or, dont let the door hit your *** on the way out!!!}

For once...a mage can say that!

S

Splup

WOW!!!

Really???

It makes that much of a difference??

Thats kinda awesome!!!!

{P.S. ADAPT, or, dont let the door hit your *** on the way out!!!}

For once...a mage can say that!
It makes that much difference if they refuse to invest points to any other skill in the list then Archery. Most people will get atleast over 200 points and make an elf and they don't get hit that hard tbh. But some effect it has for sure.

S

siyeng0

Like how i shud play uo now? i got 116 mana on my archer and i can do 4 armor ignores and my computer is just to slow to play a mage! Thanks for ruining a good game hope you guys all like to play a game with 1 class witch is MAGE.
Perhaps you should devote all that free time you'll have to practicing the English language!

C

Connor_Graham

Am I missing something? What change did they make to archery?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It may have to do with the jack-of-all trades bonus no longer being applied to lower mana cost for special moves. It's not really archery specific though.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It may have to do with the jack-of-all trades bonus no longer being applied to lower mana cost for special moves. It's not really archery specific though.
*runs off to start "a thanks for ruining fencers/swordsmen/macers threads"*

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

If the problem is that your computer is too slow . . . why not just upgrade and keep playing? :confused:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana cost has gone way up tooo high. Archers are nothing with out their special shots. Now the cost of mana will only allow 3-4 special shots.

Looks like all the cry baby’s have won, but let it be a bitter sweet victory. Now you will have less people to play with...The OP of this thread is one!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree with the JoAT change, if that's indeed what this poster is complaining about (it's hard to tell!!), but is it really worth quitting the game over?

I don't see how.

-Galen's player

C

Connor_Graham

If that's all it is then that's just stupid for people to quit over it. It's not like they can't make a simple swap of skills on a soulstone. Some people are just whiners and cry-babies I guess. Oh well, good riddance then. *shrug*

S

Splup

Mana cost has gone way up tooo high. Archers are nothing with out their special shots. Now the cost of mana will only allow 3-4 special shots.

Looks like all the cry baby’s have won, but let it be a bitter sweet victory. Now you will have less people to play with...The OP of this thread is one!
What happened to Adapt you'v been telling mages to do?

Most of the PvP archers already have 120 archery and 80 ninjitsu, that 200 points. You'v been telling mages to invest 120 points in Parrying.

You only need to invest 100 points and the JOAT patch had no effect.

Anyone who's been telling mages to counter by using 120 skillpoints on parrying should not tell that this ruined their class. It's your turn to use points now too...

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that's all it is then that's just stupid for people to quit over it. It's not like they can't make a simple swap of skills on a soulstone. Some people are just whiners and cry-babies I guess. Oh well, good riddance then. *shrug*
Or maybe there was an unannounced archery change in the publish? I do plan on playing my archer today to find out what's different.

J

jasper2310

i have tryed that out i dropped resist spells to get ninjitsu and i got over 200 skill points and my mana seems to get down by its full mana of the special move. so totaly no difrance there

A

A Rev

Most of the PvP archers already have 120 archery and 80 ninjitsu, that 200 points. You'v been telling mages to invest 120 points in Parrying.

Anyone who's been telling mages to counter by using 120 skillpoints on parrying should not tell that this ruined their class. It's your turn to use points now too...
QFT!!!

Im so glad about this, i was getting worried we where turning into AO [Archers Online!!!]

This feels so good i have to say it again...

ADAPT!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ahh now i see where your comming from. Its ok for me to addapt but you were not willing to. Now i see what kinda bloke you are

A

A Rev

Ahh now i see where your comming from. Its ok for me to addapt but you were not willing to. Now i see what kinda bloke you are
Mages have adapted for years!!!

We had to adapt to the mr/lmc/lrc...then we adapted to mage weapons to counter the uber runics.

Then we adapted to the new skill around [evasion] we adapted to chivalry holy light spamming we adapted when we had to face tamers...weve adapted throughout UO history as the skills have remained exactly the same[near enough] since they where implemented...in fact, since necro and most recently mysticism there has been no "upgrade" for a mage.

Sounds to me like you now dont know how to deal with a simple 5 mana per shot, cant do 15 AI's now!

Im going to love this, alot of archers will drop resist!

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Parry/mages were invented in response to the prevalence of archers.

S

Splup

2 of my mages have 120 parrying, I adapted.

edit: I hope you can do the same now mate.

C

canary

Hm, 2 posts with the same topic. both rants. This poster has all of 2 posts TOTAL to his name. Coincidence? I think not.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hm, 2 posts with the same topic. both rants. This poster has all of 2 posts TOTAL to his name. Coincidence? I think not.
Same disregard for spelling and general disinterest in the proper use of punctuation, to boot.

B

Beer_Cayse

<bap!> Ya beat me to it! Fooey! Anything good in the pile of things? <inquiring look>

B

Beer_Cayse

Two whole posts ... like the other bloke, gotta be an alt or something.

ennyhoo, door + butt = fast exit. <shrug>

"Trammies", "Carebears" and whatever have heard "suck it up, adjust or quit!" for years. Dontcha think it's about time another playstyle got the beating for a change?

M

Megilhir

Generally you post rather well. I am surprised at such concise venom from you.

Not all players have Soulstones.

The OP was definately poorly constructed. That stated I do disagree with the OP.

I was (and am) playing an Archer Template (on all shards I frequent) long before the Uberness set it and will be doing so when the Unterness returns.

I do not retrain a dozen different permutations for every patch that comes out. I adjust my play style or simple play a different template until what was once new grows old and eventually becomes new again.

If I get bored I turn off the computer and socially engage my wonderful bride, my son or attack my helpless (NOT!!) wolfhound. Paint miniatures, fix something around the house, read a book, work-out, go for a walk (back to the wolfhound) or generally do something different to keep my ass from spreading like an out of control pudding due to a lack of physical exercise.

I agree with making the game better and more engrossing. I disagree with simplistic non-specific statements like the OP as it does not address HOW to logically fix the problem presented.

Although with a bit of Compassion it is easy to understand that almost everyone has better and worse days in all considerations. I imagine this was one of the OPs bad days.

Damien Softstep

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So your saying you cant compete without playing a OP class?Goodbye...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See ya!

Not sure why you bothered to create an account just to announce this though...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See ya!

Not sure why you bothered just to create an account just to announce this though...
Well, he certainly couldn't post that with his regular Stratics account now could he? Then we'd all know he really isn't/didn't quit UO.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

umm
1. dont spam ai's back to back...(ive never heard of this killing anyone, that knows wtf there doing)

2.learn to play an archer.

3.Peace Out Dex Monkey!

4. Mages +1!

B

Budweiser KDL

It makes that much difference if they refuse to invest points to any other skill in the list then Archery. Most people will get atleast over 200 points and make an elf and they don't get hit that hard tbh. But some effect it has for sure.

Where's this list at? Anyone have any info to share with me? I notice mana rgn has been affected greatly.

ElvishArcher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot believe that 9 years of playing and he hasn't the cahones to use his real stratics account to rant with. I've contimplated leaving UO (and have just returned after an almost 2 yr hiatus myself) but I used my real Stratics Account when I did complain. I think this is a person who likes to make a player type that is overpowered because they cannot play the game using real skill. And I AM an Archer and am having NO problems with the changes (which honestley I don't see many if any other than the mana/special moves thing). I think the best advice I have read so far in the above comments has been ADAPT OR LEAVE! I have had to adapt so many times over the last several years that I find it hard to believe you have not the ability or knowledge that this is part of Ultima and has been so since it's inception. You need to constantly adapt to an everchanging environment or get left in the dust. This is also VERY true in 90% ofthe MMORPG's on the market today, so don't even try blaming UO for your issues! Try blaming yourself unless you are narcissistic, in that case please go seek help!

R

Raconteur

I agree with the mage homers. I run two archers and have seen no difference since getting whacked with the nerf stick:twak: Learn to quit complaining, archers/dexxers have had it to good for to long now. HooRah for balance. GO MAGES!

P.S. If you cant play a dexxer you should quit!