• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

quick question

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i use a name change deed.. does my personal bless still work?

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. I inherited an account with PBD's and renamed the characters. The names on the PBD's updated almost immediately.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
LOL I am getting old dont ya know

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slightly off topic but still concerning PBDs:

Before you Xshard, make sure to remove ur PBD from any items. I had to page a GM to remove mine from an item. It appears that Xsharding can bugger up the deed if its placed on an item. I was no longer able to remove/use the deed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Slightly off topic but still concerning PBDs:

Before you Xshard, make sure to remove ur PBD from any items. I had to page a GM to remove mine from an item. It appears that Xsharding can bugger up the deed if its placed on an item. I was no longer able to remove/use the deed.
Xsharding also will bugger up your personal Owned by Talismans. Anyone got a super awesome spare carpentry talisman on GL? I'm getting tired of having to page a GM everytime I go from shard to shard.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xsharding also will bugger up your personal Owned by Talismans. Anyone got a super awesome spare carpentry talisman on GL? I'm getting tired of having to page a GM everytime I go from shard to shard.
its actually very useful for owned by talis. the name doesnt come off visually, but you can put it on a new character and have it "owned by" that new character. ive bought several conjurers trinkets and stuff for real cheap cause its owned by someone else, then take it on a transfer so i can use it on one of my characters.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
its actually very useful for owned by talis. the name doesnt come off visually, but you can put it on a new character and have it "owned by" that new character. ive bought several conjurers trinkets and stuff for real cheap cause its owned by someone else, then take it on a transfer so i can use it on one of my characters.
You get a GM to fix it or does it revert itself? Because when I took just my character not his talisman to another shard when I returned I couldn't wear my own talisman anymore. It wouldn't let me.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get a GM to fix it or does it revert itself? Because when I took just my character not his talisman to another shard when I returned I couldn't wear my own talisman anymore. It wouldn't let me.
nope no gm just a transfer. im assuming that if the talisam were transfered, you should be able to put it back on that character. i wasnt aware of that bug, sort of the reverse of what i had described.

i think alot of people dont realize because it still has the original owners name, but when you put it on a new character will take the new chars name. (or in your case, hopefully the original / bugged character)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I might have to try that next time I transfer him I'll just take it with me.