• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick question on damage increase

G

I was playing around with some runics, making crescent blades, my smith is 102 smith, and has GM arms lore, and I made one blade had damage increase 35 - shouldn't they all be 40 with GM armslore? Is there a mod that runics make that would decrease my DI?

Am a little confuddled! =D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's an easy one -

It wasn't exceptional, any you got Damage Increase as a runic property.

At 102 Smith, you only have a 69% chance of making an exceptional Crescent Blade, before adding any talisman exceptional Blacksmith bonus (and the best Talisman bonus possible would still have you fall 1% short of 100% exceptional).

So, you got 70% intensity on Damage Increase as a property on a non-exceptional item, and the Arms Lore bonus only applies to the exceptionally crafted items.