• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick Q's

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A faction mate placed guards at yew. When I got in trouble I ran to them for protection. They were non active, I ran circles around them being chaced by oj's and there was no responce from the guards. Wasn't there certain commands the sheriff could use on them or are guards just messed up?

Also I must just be severly forgetable or surely mistaken but since when has been looting a oj been able to get you guard wacked? I didn't do any damage to the fella before he died but when I looted him inside city limits area I turned grey and shortly after wacked.

B

Babble

I can only guess to the guard whacking.
The fellow died and you did not do damage so you had no looting rights.
by looting him you went grey and so guard killed.

Had that problem with red brigands which showed red and would give no warning until you looted.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
A faction mate placed guards at yew. When I got in trouble I ran to them for protection. They were non active, I ran circles around them being chaced by oj's and there was no responce from the guards. Wasn't there certain commands the sheriff could use on them or are guards just messed up?

Also I must just be severly forgetable or surely mistaken but since when has been looting a oj been able to get you guard wacked? I didn't do any damage to the fella before he died but when I looted him inside city limits area I turned grey and shortly after wacked.
could be a couple things.

they could have been targetted on someone who was off screen or inaccessable.
you said your firend placed them, did you guys still own the towns?
sometimes when the towns change hands the gaurds stay the same visually but it gronks them.

and what was said about the killing the OJ is right.
if you dont get looting rights its the same as looting a blue.
you turn grey and the mighty halbert of justice will purge you.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to tell your friend to make sure he says:
orders
patrol

If you don't the guards usually won't do much of anything.. Those guards are probably the easiest thing in the game to bug out.. Their code was pretty much unchanged from UO:R, unless they changed them since I left.

AND

Sup bro... hows life treating you?

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

C

Cloak&Dagger

and what was said about the killing the OJ is right.
if you dont get looting rights its the same as looting a blue.
you turn grey and the mighty halbert of justice will purge you.
Never had such a looting rights issue before, and I quite often loot oj's that I did no damage to at all. Also them attacking you makes them an aggressor and thus "grey" to you, so making the huge assumption that the guy attacked him would mean he should not have gotten whacked based on that alone.