• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions re: Unicorns

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I was wondering if anyone actually uses unicorns, and what might be a reasonable price to pay for one.

E

elspeth

I used to walk around on my unicorn all the time just for looks. That was when it appeared as a beautiful snowy white horse. When they changed that I was like "ick". She's been sitting in my stables ever since. But its my firesteed that has been in the stables collecting dust pretty much from day 1, never even trained it up. *sigh* so much to do . . .

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thank you, elspeth... I think you told me what I needed to know. :)

It's a shame... I love unicorns, but I think whoever played with the UO graphic must have been suffering from a migraine or something and never went back to fix the dear beastie. *sigh*

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have mine, I tend to use them alongside a runey around poison critters. Or with any other less poison tolerant pets. I don't use them as much as I did, but once they're trained up they're more usable. Not exactly super powered though ;)

I did prefer the fluffy white pony look they had for a while in 2d, all it needed was the unicorn horn and it would have been just great :D

Wenchy

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I guess it's safe to assume there's no real market for them and that the best thing to do is to continue to donate them to the Moonglow Zoo.

E

elspeth

I suppose if you found one with all like all max stats or very close to a 5 rating you probably could sell it. If you were on Pacific I think I'd buy it because the one I have isn't even close and I don't see myself spending the time to go run through them to get a better one.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I suppose if you found one with all like all max stats or very close to a 5 rating you probably could sell it. If you were on Pacific I think I'd buy it because the one I have isn't even close and I don't see myself spending the time to go run through them to get a better one.
I only play Chesapeake. But I guess I'll never sell any because I keep looking for that perfect unicorn and end up switching them out via the zoo whenever I find one with significantly better stats than the last. lol

The best one I've found so far, as of today, is a 3.7

A

Aldredge

I experimented with them for a while there immunity to poison is great but there weak resists overall make them fragile to any monster you would want to use them on anyway.

With spell weaving and charmed arctic ogre lords there doesn't seem to be any practical use for them.

As far as price goes you could pay people to take them off your hands and you still might not sell, there easily tamed as long as you have positive karma so there no real danger there to work the price up like with beetles.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to walk around on my unicorn all the time just for looks. That was when it appeared as a beautiful snowy white horse. When they changed that I was like "ick". She's been sitting in my stables ever since. But its my firesteed that has been in the stables collecting dust pretty much from day 1, never even trained it up. *sigh* so much to do . . .
Once trained up, 2 Firesteeds together actually have alot of offensive power, especially against stuff weak to Fire damage. 2 Fully Trained Fire Steeds can pump out as much damage as a Greater Dragon can, they're just fragile as hell. If you get something tough to tank for them, like oh say, a Greater Dragon, they can dish out some nasty damage. If another Tamer with you has Fire Steeds too, then they far surpass the damage of a Greater Dragon, with their Demon/Equine pack instincts.