• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions on suit and temp for sampire?2

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so this is my first sampire. I'm in the middle of making his suit but before I finish it up I'm wondering if I should change him up a little bit. Ive seen people post about 2 diff versions of sampire . One with 60 parry and max defense and one with 120 parry and low defense. I can't seem to find the posts I read about it so I thought id ask before I finish his suit. This is my temp right now but I can adjust it .

Bushido 120
Swords 120
Tactics 120 with the talisman
Anatomy 100
Necro 99
Chiv 91
Parry 80

Im almost leaning toward the one with low defense for the counter attack because it would free up a mod on my ring and bracelet for more stats or possibly some +skill. Just wondering what people think works better and how I should adjust my temp.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm currently going:

100 Swords (120 with Captain John's Hat)
110 Tactics (120 with Solider's Medal)
120 Anatomy
100 Bushido
100 Parry
100 Necro
90 Chivalry

I have DCI on the suit but probably don't need it and will probably be refining for resists anyway, plus using Divine when I need it, you can still Counter Attack with or without DCI. If you're doing spawns I probably wouldn't bother with it, but if you're intending to solo thinks like Paroxysmus'/Medusa or whatever then Counter Attack can speed things up.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be worth dropping anatomy to 90 so I could raise parry to 90 and put 30 parry on my jewelry to reach 120. That would only put me at 10 defense tho.

Ioan Septim

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am doing spawns with 10 DCI/no parry at all and feel comfortable. Thinking to remove completely DCI from suit and jewelry but still trying to find out if i am right and DCI is useless indeed or its just my sick imagination :stretcher:

Herp!

Journeyman
I am doing spawns with 10 DCI/no parry at all and feel comfortable. Thinking to remove completely DCI from suit and jewelry but still trying to find out if i am right and DCI is useless indeed or its just my sick imagination :stretcher:
I run DCI20 with 120 parry. Lower DCI = more parry checks, more parry checks = more counterattacks, more counterattacks = significantly higher damage output and health returns. The way I see it, running 0 is maybe a bit overkill, most everything I have read suggests ~20 and corpse of bear that makes nothing but solo sampire videos on YouTube runs 20 I believe unless he has his bard there for PM masteries. It is highly suggested to use the item enhancements that drop from bosses to raise resist maxes and lower DCI so you can run 25 dci as cap and have 75 all resists with 80 energy if you are an elf. So far, this has been VERY successful in my experiences with solo/duo runs with sampire or sampire/bardmage. The resists heavily outweigh anything DCI can give you. I believe the checks for evasion are something along the lines of first check for miss then dci then parry. You want that parry check more than anything because CA will keep you alive... not to mention evade runs off of parry and if you have AI queued to hit and you counterattack it will be an AI counterattack so no parry is kind of out of the picture, it's there for a reason and benefits you greatly in addition to bushido. TL;DR DCI BAD FOR SAMPIRE IF OVER 20 and parry is required for counterattacks and evade.

Last edited: