• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

questions on doom stealables

• Thread starter haladrigis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

haladrigis

was wondering if there is a good link to a map of all the stealables and i was wonderting about the lamp room. can one person get in there or does it take a group of people to pull those levers? what order do the levers have to b pulled?

T

Traveller

Why the description of the thieves forum has been deleted? Maybe whoever has the power should reinstate it...

H

haladrigis

haha wow ok ill keep searching for the right forums!

Mishkam

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stealing doom arties around here... is kinda like the fatchick/moped analogy.

It can be a fun ride... but don't let anyone see you on em.

H

haladrigis

that stilll does not make it right to flame someone when they ask a question about stealing in the theifs forum :)

T

The Green Thief

that stilll does not make it right to flame someone when they ask a question about stealing in the theifs forum :)
This has been covered thousands of times before. Also I believe the topic is covered in the FAQ, which you are supposed to read prior to posting. Furthermore it's spelled 'thief' not 'theif' and the plural is 'thieves' not 'theifs'.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now... look at the stickies on the forum and tell me which one hold the FAQ with that rule. I see the theft of the week, the Assassin FAQ, and two murderer threads up there. Have I missed anything?

Or even better, look at the descriptions of the other forums and tell us where the janitor/dungeon thief questions really do belong? (If I recall correctly, it was supposed to be the treasure hunting forum, but it isn't written anywhere easy to find)

I think that someone is stealing your threads.

H

haladrigis

wow is there any way to delete this thread i dont understand why people even waste the time to flame others that are asking for help. if the search option worked like it is suppose to i wouldnt ask half of the questions i do.

T

The Green Thief

And now... look at the stickies on the forum and tell me which one hold the FAQ with that rule. I see the theft of the week, the Assassin FAQ, and two murderer threads up there. Have I missed anything?

Or even better, look at the descriptions of the other forums and tell us where the janitor/dungeon thief questions really do belong? (If I recall correctly, it was supposed to be the treasure hunting forum, but it isn't written anywhere easy to find)

I think that someone is stealing your threads.
Thief Forum FAQ - Revised and Revisited (4/7/03) - Failure to read before posting voids all rights you may have

And I took the time to copy/paste from the above FAQ:

Before we begin,
If you came here looking to ask questions about or even talk about stealing rares from Doom or from town crates, or basically anywhere except from another player, you are in the wrong place. This forum is for the pickpocket profession and nothing else.
The correct forums are:
UO Treasure Hunter
UO Rares Collector
The current link to the treasure hunter forum is UO Treasure Hunter.

Thanks for the attempt to call me out. I have been posting here since mid-2001 (contrary to my apparent noob status) and I am seldom wrong.

T

The Green Thief

In general, I would take this opportunity to make the point that people with the stealing skill who chose to use it to remove objects from the walls and floors of the Dojo and Doom (in deference to the sensibilities of those in this forum I will not call them "thieves") do really need an easily identified area of their own in Stratics. In that way, they would not suffer the misfortune of wandering in here by mistake.

I assert that it is time that they are given such a spot. Doom and Dojo wanderers are no worse and no better than any other type of individual using the stealing skill in Ultima Online. And there are a fair number of them. They are made to feel unwelcome in this area. So be it, if the Stratics folks wish it to be so. But please, may we have some EASILY IDENTIFIED, EASY TO LOCATE section for dungeon stealing where maps, free exchange of ideas and tips, and simple human kindness could be shared among all who visit.
To begin, what part of "Failure to read before posting voids all rights you may have" is difficult to understand? It also addresses the correct forum to be posting in and it also tells the individual that posting something here that shouldn't be here will be looked on unfavorably. Furthermore, If 'haldadaadgsis' or whatever his name is, had taken the time to search 'doom' on this board he would have quickly found out this was an incorrect area to ask his question. I will once again post the link for people who are too dense to locate it on their own.

UO Treasure Hunter

Now to address the Doom situation. Newbies probably have no reason to be upset about Doom and don't understand the reason we frown upon it so heavily. Doom was added shortly after real thieves were hit with the nerf stick. It was supposed to be a reward, but it was essentially just rubbing our faces in the fact that they didn't want us stealing from players anymore. Coupled with item insurance, trammel, and now passive stealth detection we have pretty much been robbed of everything that made this class (and arguably UO) fun. There are still a few who stand strong, but for the most part this is a dead class.

So having 'haldasdasfasdussis' come in, do no searching, not read the faq, and post about Doom is infuriating to many of us who saw the golden days of this class. The flaming was not out of order, it was well-deserved.

I will say 'das vadanya', because I know this isn't the end of stupidity and you will all be back again.

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

W

Warrior of Time

Treasure hunting is misleading to those that are pet thievs in doom. Something need to be corrected there.

People that use the skill think they are a thief. It don't hurt to stand down and correct their path. Someday they may decide to be one of us and get a templet from us. Took more posts to flame them than it would to help and send them on their way.

No one outside this post knows if it is the right or wrong place at a glance. Sticky a line that says this is not for doom thieves.

Look in here at the posts and see how many tell them this the wrong place.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treasure hunting is misleading to those that are pet thievs in doom. Something need to be corrected there.

People that use the skill think they are a thief. It don't hurt to stand down and correct their path. Someday they may decide to be one of us and get a templet from us. Took more posts to flame them than it would to help and send them on their way.

No one outside this post knows if it is the right or wrong place at a glance. Sticky a line that says this is not for doom thieves.

Look in here at the posts and see how many tell them this the wrong place.

o.0 ...la