• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Questions Making Uber Suit

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that we have imbuing and reforging to work with what improvements can we make to our already powerful sampire suits.

I was thinking of making a Woodland Armor set minus the head (for my Mace and Shield). Using an Ash runic for reforging with (Animated/Haste, and Towering Aegis) for Stamina Increase and DCI. Then enhancing with heartwood to get my HCI/Damage Inc.

Or

Should I reforge with (Animated Haste and Mystic/Sorcery) going for Max Stamina/Mana and LMC? I have been reforging for my mage suits and got some nice 10MI peices. So I figured 10MI/10Stam Inc would be handy.

Or

Should I reforge with an Oak runic for (Towering Aegis/ Vicious Slaughter) to get DCI/HCI. Imbue my Resists/Stamina/Mana. Then enhace with Heartwood and if watch the HCI stack to 10% with 5%DCI. Other peices having 10%Damage Inc, 5HCI 5DCI?

My problem is how can you tell which bases resists do you need on the "Blank" Armor to get the best results resist wise?

Also does anyone here rock a 100DI suit and use that Grindstone thing to remove the DI on the gm weapon to add another leech?

Any thoughts/ Ideas are welcome! Lets make these Juggernauts happen! :danceb:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my main sampire, use a 100 DI suit and just had to remake my whirlwind weapon since my original reptile one was down to 19 durability. This is what I made.

I haven't enhanced it yet. When I get down in durability I'll enhance it with shadow iron to take it back to 255'ish and make the damage 20 phys 20 cold 60 energy.

Attachments

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are going to add resist with reforging, you want relatively balanced resists going in.

If you are going to imbue resists, you should look for pieces that are very high in 1-2 resists, and at or near minimum in others (the ones to imbue)

Beyond that, you're on your own.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your best bet is to build a spread sheet, set it up with what you need for each piece and craft some pieces that take the most ingots/wood untill you get a sweet piece, then put that in the spread sheet and you'll get an idea of what the other pieces have to be like, then craft the next piece untill you get one that fits perfectly with the other and so on...

Heres a copy of mine, bit small but you can just make it out

Thunderz

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Using reforging allows you to free mods on your ring (in exchange of MI/SI). How are you going to use this free mods?
Usually you needn't them. So usually there is no sense to use reforging for sampire suit.

The standard way is to get 40 MI/SI, 15 HPI, 40 LMC, max resists, 15 HCI, 20 DI from armor.
You can get 45 DCI from ring, bracelet and "back slots" (talisman, quiver, sash). You can get 45 HCI from ring, bracelet and armor. So you needn't reforging.

But if you are going to get 60+ skill points on your suit then you should use reforging.

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the only really feasable runic saw for reforging would be with oak....since it uses only 2 properties max. Using a ash generates a lot of trash since you can get up to 3 properties...
Especially with woodland armor the exeptional chance even with full talisman and 100 skill is quite low, so you would need a ungodly amount of bark fragments for the process.

1. get the resist spread right
2. get the correct props
3. break the armor through enhancing (forged tool helps but gets really expensive :) )
4. miss either hci or di when enhancing

As corwinXX said, unless you want to build in additional 60 skills, there is no use for the free props you get on the jewels to justify the effort.

I for myself am going to wait and see what the devs cook out with plate armor changes first before I start changeing my suit.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you aren't making woodland armor for the free mods, then I would argue that you are better off going with plate armor or leather. It's easier to repair, by FAR and the additional resist gained by using woodland over plate/leather really aren't worth it (to me) if you aren't gaining HCI/DI/HPR.

I am looking at it and right now, the only thing I really see that I would want from reforging for a sampire is one of the Eater properties (I've actually considered remaking the arms off my last suit to see if I can get some that fit with that property).

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm, i did a test a few weeks past with some quick thrown toghether shame-suit and found that the eaters are doing to little to really benefit from...NuSair what eater properties and what values were you looking at?

As for plate I have a big dilemma since I not only want to hold on to my mace & shield but as well to my tinker legs...building a plate suit around these 2 arties is almost impossible....if I use shadow I loose too much resists and if I use verite I get to low on energy....

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, of course I read your sampire in plate thread :).....but coming from woodland armor I am a bit spoiled :) what i run atm in wood is:

Macer with a hammerpick for chain AI :)

70/95/70/70/75
HCI40/DCI40
SSI 25
LMC 39
DI 75
HP 137
STAM 189
Mana 75
STR 135
DEX 150
INT 19

This without weapon but with shield and slither :)....thought i could improve that with plate and reforging to free up ring and braclet to squeeze in an additonal 40-60 skill points :) Why plate and not wood? Well I absolutley hate doing Heartwood quests to get the bloody oak saws and I have lots of runic hammers and ingots to burn through (thanks to some nice IDOCS during the great fall day :) )... Well reading through your thread again gave me another view on the base pieces, if I can get through with just 1 resist imbue per piece , it should be possible .....well off to crunch some numbers again :) and of course any advice and ideas are welcome...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last suit of plate that I made, if you added on a robe (for HPI or DCI) that could help free up a slot. Also, there was a free slot on the arms, that I ended up imbuing stamina regen.

With using pots, there really isn't a need to put strength and dex on the jewelry. I'd need to take a few moments to see if things could be juggled around, but I feel that should be able to squeeze in at least 40 skill points.

I am at a loss about the runics... why would you need them?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
NuSair: to make low end reforged items to further imbue, I'd guess, since you can get higher intensity on a couple properties than you can imbue, as starting point.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That I understand.... but given how much little wiggle room there is in making sampire armor.... I guess I'll put somethings though the ringer and see if I can come up with something better than can already be done for that.