• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions from Chesapeake to Baja Shard

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Hello I am Gareth from Chesapeake. I help run PaxOku City there. We are planning to do a community zoo event like yours. Ours is set for Saturday but, we are doing a trial run this Sunday.

I was reading up on how you guys do it and we love your idea. Obviously we would like to give full credit to the people who came up with it. It seems to work so well on your shard we thought we would try your way on ours.

From what we can tell you make a list and once you reach the 550,000 mark a prize is given. I have a few questions on how its all done.

If it took us 3 times to reach 550,000 points and some people were there for all 3 but the person who won the roll was there for 1 time do they still get to pick a prize?

If someone won and wanted to get a 800,000 prize. Can they hold off their points and wait until it hits 800k points?

Guess I am looking for the more technical aspects of the event if anyone could provide them for us.

Thank you,
Gareth (PaxOku City)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Darcia couldn't get logged in on the forum, so she got her reply to me to post ... Sara)

Hi Gareth,

I am Darcia of M!S, and I run the Baja Zoo event on Sunday night. Basically we try to keep it as simple as possible....so here goes:

Anyone can participate, they have the option of turning in to the general fund or or donating to their own account. (If they donate to their own account, they are not eligible to participate in the dice roll for rewards.)

For the general fund, I stand at the zoo donation box and anyone who wishes to donate to it transfers their tames to me, then I donate it to my account. They can donate tame or checks or gold. Anyone who donates gets credit for participation.

After the event is over on the first night we roll dice for reward placement. I keep a list and post it so all know whose turn it is to receive a reward.

We have set a limit on Baja at 550k points for a chosen reward. (We did, however, allow a couple to combine their reward points for the 800k reward.) You can do it however you wish, as long as it is kept fair for all, it should be okay.

As I said, keep a list of the rewards roll. I usually ask the next in line after a reward is given out which reward they are going for ... that way if they only want a statue for 350k they can get it as soon as we hit that mark, instead of waiting until we get to 550k to pick.

As for your question about if someone was only there for one night and not all three: The way I do it is if we have enough points to give a reward that night, and the one who is next on the list to receive the reward is not there, the reward goes to the next person on the list who is present. The next time there are enough points to do an award, I go back to those who were eligible to pick a reward but were absent on the night of they could have done their pick.

Obiviously, not everyone will make it to every zoo event, and new people will come and go. Add the new people to the end of the list as they come.

If you still have more questions, I have a character on Chessy and can meet you to answer them, if you like. Or make a character on Baja, meet us at the zoo on Sunday, 8:00pm Pacific, and we can answer any questions you may have.

Hope your event is a huge success! :)