• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions from a returning noob....

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

So, I said hello in another post, and now for my first noobish questions. I've been doing some reading, got alot more to do, so please forgive an old man's questions that may have been answered before, I'll catch up soon and the questions will be better.

Started a bard/t-hunter yesterday, now I want to start up a disco bard/tamer. Things have changed, so my questions are as follows.

When starting this new toon, I should start with.....which template? The warrior, mage, paladin, necro, etc, and go into customize and use which of these? Which stats and skills should I start with?

I'll be looking at this in the end:
120 taming
120 animal lore
120 vet
120 music
120 disco
110 magic

Thanks for the assist folks, I'll try to keep the easy questions to a minimum.

R

Remy Blacktoe

If I was you, I would start with 50 Discordance and 50 Taming, as those are more difficult to train and you can't get any New Haven quests to boost them to 50 quickly. All of the other skills aren't very hard to train. You'd be well off to raise meditation while training your magery (both can be bought up to 40 in New Haven and have a quest to raise them quickly to 50 when in the appropriate skill gaining area, which is the area east of the city with all the skeletons and zombies). Check out Poo's discordance guide for tips. You'll probably start with Gamans and switch to Bouras at around 80 and gain up to 90 then start training with the mastery, which again will be helped by having meditation (can be dropped later).

Have fun and welcome back!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
all good info listed there.

be sure you pick the proper order in which to train skills.

i know it sounds silly, but trust me, from a guy that has made at least 21 toons on EVERY SHARD i can say that planning out your attack on making a new toon is very very important.

so, for this template what i would do is the following.

you need med and focus to get your magic up and to work the disco with the masteries, right, but at the end you dont have any room on your template for them, so training magic or disco last will be next to impossible.
so what ya need to do is work up magic first.
so start with like Blacktoe said, pick 50 magic and 50 disco to start.
then go out and work up your magic to where ya want it (110).
when your done that your med and focus will be GM or higher if your scrolled, which for how cheap 110 and 110 focus are you should at least have eated those.
now work up music to GM.
lock it.
now disco, follow the guides, get up to 90, then use masteries since you have the med and focus to do it.
once done music and disco all ya have left is the lore and vet and taming.
lore you can 120 by sitting with a bird at the bank and just making a uoassist macro to lore the bird and put in a 1 second pause.
you will be 120 in a day.
vet, get 2 boura's, dosnt matter which level, they are all tanks.
have them fight (you need to be guilded)
and vet them, first the first one, then the 2nd one.
make a uoassist macro to do it for ya.
you'll be GM in a couple hours, 110 a day after that, 120 id just GGS it from there as its really $$ in bandaids after 110 to work it up by hand.

then, all your left with is taming!
and since your done all your other skills and you have your med and focus turned down you can just pick away at it.
you can easily get up to 90 in a day of hard work from 50.
from there you can either get a ring and watch and talisman and just play or keep powergaming.

personally, since im old and have been doing this for far too long, id buy an advance character token and use the taming one.
gives ya 85 in taming/lore/vet
and 70 in magic.
basically cuts your training time in half.
hell, with 85 taming you can just leave it there and get a ring and watch with +15 taming on each and then the taming tali and you are 120.... instantly, hahaha.

anyways, thats what i would do.

as you can tell im at work and bored and just running wild on the keyboard.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remy, Poo, thanks for the info my friends, it's much appreciated.

I'm gonna have to read up on the Mastery stuff as I just don't remember much about it. Nice to have folks so willing to provide info based on their experiences. Save me alot of time trying to refigure out some stuff.

Thanks guys.