• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions from a new guantlet player ....

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First thanks for reading..
Question 1: Did the loot on the bosses and the DF always resemble a bad miasma loot?
Question 2: Do you still earn pts by being top damagers? Not sure that sounds right. How often should you expect to get an artie?
Thank Again I'm new to this.
DC

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when i take my archer there i get one about every 30 to 40 minutes.

as far as the loot, unfortunatly i dont even look at it.
i grab my bolts and and the gold run to the next boss.
i stash the gold in a "safe" place and when i go to leave i take what i can carry..
i usually bring a beetle but it dies a few times so dont fill it untill your ready to run out.

i wish there was a banker in the safe room..

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question 1: Did the loot on the bosses and the DF always resemble a bad miasma loot?
Question 2: Do you still earn pts by being top damagers? Not sure that sounds right. How often should you expect to get an artie?
Thank Again I'm new to this.
DC
Shard? The reason I ask is that the MORE people killing the DF the MORE high quility loot you will find. DF loot is of the HIGHEST tier in game. This of course does not mean you will always get good loot but the potential for the best is there.

On Atlantic RL friend and new player to the game has managed 42 mil now in less than 3 weeks of looting these AFTER the corpse goes public.

Edit: be primarily on the lookout for good jewels and weps you cannot craft with mods. (IE cleavers...butchers knifes...ect.) For those unaware the recent event creature Melissa had a DF ruleset according to devs. Some of the best 1/3s the game has seen came out of there.

Example of the loot quality you can potentially find in doom...(personal peice)

ring:

12 HCI
12 DCI
11 SDI
7 LMC
21 DMG

One of the best non EP rings I have ever found. Got that the same day of finding 1/3 19 lrc 12 magery 11 sdi ring.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea on the loot I check everything. I've gotten weapons I've sold for 10mil+ outa doom w/ 0 luck.

Artie drops vary. sometimes I'll get a few, sometimes I'll get none. Last time I was down there I soloed 12 complete runs and didn't get a thing and haven't gone back, mainly because I don't have that account no more.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic RL friend and new player to the game has managed 42 mil now in less than 3 weeks of looting these AFTER the corpse goes public.
I believe it! After I got bored of doing the rooms when the big doom rush hit again after changes i just checked corpses. I made more money than I can even count from the corpses. I found some of my best items there (Besides sanctuary :p)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe it! After I got bored of doing the rooms when the big doom rush hit again after changes i just checked corpses. I made more money than I can even count from the corpses. I found some of my best items there (Besides sanctuary :p)
Heh...and people wonder why I get so pissy with people who cry about not having the money to get good stuff. I honestly think its easier to make money off corpse looting than it is getting the arties. *grins*

Yeah...sanctuary is good too...but the grind is horrible. In doom a char with hiding and stealth has little to worry about grind wise. :)

edit: did I mention my friend has spent less than 7 hours total doing this in less than three weeks? (he averages about 20-40 mins per time logged in down there leaving him nothing but time to work chars.)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it just gets a bit boring. But when there is a lot of people down there, holy crap was DF's corpse loaded! Especially when there's tamers with luck that don't check lol.

And if you can catch a ride being somewhat new, easy to get geared up into some decent things :p But hit that one 5 mod cleaver in the right mods & intensities and you're a rich man since you can't craft em haha.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Apparently, some of you don't know that the rare Armor/weapon Set pieces ALSO drop on the Dark Father as corpse loot (something that was added about 6-12 months ago). Considering how much the juggernaut and archer weapon set pieces go for, one has to be nuts to NOT check the corpse for them.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hows doom on chessy? cause on origin no one even goes... not like theres more then 10 ppl on the shard at any given time anyways though....

C

Connor_Graham

You're welcome. :D

Keep looking. Wait for the corpse to go public and go through it. You'll see some really amazing pieces that get left because people don't loot. I've sold several rings & bracelets for quite a few million, and most of them I got after the corpse went public.

Question 2: Do you still earn pts by being top damagers? Not sure that sounds right.
The top 16 damagers all get points towards the new points drop system. If I remember right, the top damager gets more points than the rest of the top 16. Being the first to hit no longer counts toward drops.

How often should you expect to get an artie?
That depends on your template, and how many people are there. If there are a lot of people, the bosses go down faster, so there are more checks against your points to see if you get a drop. Fewer people means fewer bosses down, which means drops tend to take longer. If you go in solo though, you're getting all the points, including the bonus points, so it's somewhere in between busy and slow as far as drops go.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently, some of you don't know that the rare Armor/weapon Set pieces ALSO drop on the Dark Father as corpse loot (something that was added about 6-12 months ago). Considering how much the juggernaut and archer weapon set pieces go for, one has to be nuts to NOT check the corpse for them.
Bah...I was perfectly willing to let out my secret to the best jewwels and non craftable weps in the game...

You just had to go and give em the whole darned easter egg!!!

RAWR!!!

:D

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does luck matter in doom these days?
Yes...Luck effects both drops in loot and odds of artifiact and suit peice drops. IF you dont have luck but are a weapons using char, you can forgo luck all together and just use the bushido skill and honor. 120 bush, 120 wep skill, 45 hci, HLD, and lilghtning stirke make it difficult to miss. (not to mention you can crit the DF for over 200 dmg without use of a slayer...honor is a must tho if you want that luck bump.)

*btw...a char with 120 wep skill 120 tact 120 anat 120 bush 100% dmg inc, and honor will almost ALWAYS be top damager...chances are if you see this char type in doom that you will loot good stuff.*

K

Katlene

ok then i can either take my tamer over (can get her over 2k) down side is she needs regs with the luck suit.
Or ill have to get spawning and try for some 120's and hope they are the ones i need for my warrior