• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions for Dragoon Masters

Anubis1671

Visitor
Hello

Just have some questions while training.

Template

Was planning on doing 120 Bushido , 120 Chivalry , 120 Swords , 115 Tactics , 115 Anatomy (100 real balance other) , 100 resist (85 real balance other) and 60 Parry.

Now was thinking about changing to 120 on the following skills Bushido , Chivalry, Swords, Tactics, Parry and Resist. I see this was mentioned on the other post this is used on monsters with high mage skill. Will there be any issue using this on a daily base? Is there any boss or champ spawn that I should go with Anatomy instead of Resist? I already have 115 power scroll for Anatomy that I am currently leveling which I could stone after I get it to 115. Now I am assuming if I stone 120 resist and then retrieve it I will get 120 back? Have not used any stone yet.

Would 120 Bushido , Chivalry , Sword , Tactic , Parry and 100 LP/Carto be still valid for level 6 and 7 treasure maps?

Equipment

Soon I will be adventuring into Blackthorn Castle to get artifacts to trade in for some of the clothing items. Now I will be making my own plate and weapon. I see from the other post pictures what ingots were used to make them which I will copy. I am not sure how to make the weapons though. Looking to make the high leeching blade staff. Can someone advise what ingot to use and runic hammer?

Then what to imbue and reforge?

Appreciate any feedback.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Now was thinking about changing to 120 on the following skills Bushido , Chivalry, Swords, Tactics, Parry and Resist. I see this was mentioned on the other post this is used on monsters with high mage skill. Will there be any issue using this on a daily base?
I would say that you're likely to run in to problems not with the template but with your preparedness. When people copy templates they usually overlook the vast amount of time, effort, money and testing that went in to it as well as being first hand aware of it's strengths and weaknesses.

Is there any boss or champ spawn that I should go with Anatomy instead of Resist?
Yes. Pretty much all of them that don't have Necro and a few that do.

I already have 115 power scroll for Anatomy that I am currently leveling which I could stone after I get it to 115. Now I am assuming if I stone 120 resist and then retrieve it I will get 120 back? Have not used any stone yet.
Stones allow you to store one skill at a time, if you put a skill on a stone it stays there until you either remove it (there's an option to empty the stone and destroy the skill) or put it back on a character (that has the right skill cap). Make sure you adjust the arrows/locks next to skills when adding/removing skills as you wouldn't want to accidentally drop something. In order to swap Anatomy/Resist on one character you would obviously need two stones/frags.

Would 120 Bushido , Chivalry , Sword , Tactic , Parry and 100 LP/Carto be still valid for level 6 and 7 treasure maps?
Might be hard to find the chest. Might get ganked on the initial spawn.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Out of the traditional champs in Fel, only Neira casts necro spells, including the hated blood oath.
But you could do with a trapped box and apples instead of resist even in this case. Against the other traditional champs, resist is pretty much useless.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can do Champ spawns without resist. Though i always do them with resist because i hate being paralized mana drained and having low attributes because of curse.

If you have a davies locker you can so t-maps without having Mining in your Template

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
If you have a davies locker you can so t-maps without having Mining in your Template
I know it's off topic, but how?... I used a locker, it gives the co-ords but they weren't anywhere near accurate enough to find the chest without mining (I got one hoping that they would be), they give the general vicinity but knowing UO's lands I knew that anyway. Wondering if I gave up with it early or there's a secret setting I didn't see.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes it needs a while finding the chest. Davies locker only gives you 2 numbers of the coords and you have to dig in the area next to the coords. Personally i prefer having mining. Its faster but template has to be changed.

There is an older thread about this but it still works (though i dont use broadswords anymore)

[Treasure Hunting] - Treasure hunter template

Anubis1671

Visitor
Thanks for all the feedback. I do have a question about masteries. Last night someone dropped a Level 3 sword primer outside of Brit bank so I grabbed it. Then someone gave a mastery book. Should I stick with sword level 3 primer and mastery? I thought I read something about one of the skills gives extra damaged to WW with double axes?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Bushido gives extra damage to Whirlwind with any Whirlwind Weapon.

Lumberjacking gives extra damage to all axes regardless of Whirlwind.

Neither has anything to do with masterys. Amazed someone dropped a 3 Swords primer, but yes, you should use that for Onslaught+Double Strike.

**Thanks for the reply Duncan, that is as I thought then.**

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you are wanting to do some t-hunting with a dexxer and to not use mining, try to use the EC to locate the map.
With it, finding the spot to dig is pretty easy even at zero mining. With map tilting, you can compare the features of your player map with the t-map very easily and will be able to figure out the region where the chest is within a 4 to 5 tile range.
Much smaller area to dig around.