• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions about Greater Dragon with 130+ Wrestle

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello All,

I have a GD with 130+ Wrestle. (4.5 rating w/o skills)
Are there any known bonuses to have 130 Wrestle versus say... 120 wrestle?
How much of an improvement should I expect compared to another GD with the same rating?
Has anyone seen a GD rated this high with 130+ wrestle before?

Thank ahead of time for any responses!

Last edited:

Lexx Merlin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot tell much of a difference between 120 wrestle and 128 wrestle (my highest wrestle on a GD is 128). The higher the skill, the higher the HCI is, but I have no true way to calculate HCI on a pet since there are no other values displayed. I wish the devs would put out what all the stats on a GD means. IE: What does 120 magery do vs 100 magery?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hit Chance% = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Attacker's Hit Chance Increase] ) divided by ( [Defender's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Defender's Defense Chance Increase] * 2 ) ) * 100

120 GD vs. 120 mob:
Chance to hit: 50%
Chance to get hit: 50%

130 GD vs. 120 mob:
Chance to hit: 53.6% (your GD will do 3.6% more damage)
Chance to get hit: 46.7% (your GD will receive 3.3% less damage)

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hit Chance% = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Attacker's Hit Chance Increase] ) divided by ( [Defender's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Defender's Defense Chance Increase] * 2 ) ) * 100
120 GD vs. 120 mob:

130 GD vs. 120 mob:
TY for the reply! Is this translating human skills to pets?
For wrestle, from 100-110 is a bonus%, 110-120 is a bonus%. Is the bonus% gain from 110-120 the same as 100-110 or does is scale?

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

120 GD vs. 120 mob:

130 GD vs. 120 mob:
Just being technical and certain you miss typed but meant will hit 3.6% more often and be hit 3.3% less often...not more or less damage. Damage is a different calculation.

-Lorax

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFAIK pets use the same formula as humans. If I'm mistaken, the values from the claculation aren't correct.

Just being technical and certain you miss typed but meant will hit 3.6% more often and be hit 3.3% less often...not more or less damage. Damage is a different calculation.
No, i meant damage.
Hit chance translates into damage, well, into damage over a certain time, to be more precise.
If you attack a monster 100 times for an average of 10 hitpoints each strike with a hit chance of 50%, you will do 500 damage.
If you attack a monster 100 times for an average of 10 hitpoints each strike with a hit chance of 60%, you will do 600 damage.

What you mean is the damage per strike. Yes, this is a different calculation.

Last edited: