• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question to Poo regarding disco

M

milk

Hi Poo,

I have reached 100 and doing cu sidhe as your guide suggested. I have changed to elf to just to tame cu sidhe actually.

however I noticed one thing, once tamed, the barding difficulty drops to 95 to 97 range, this is equivalent to high plains boura. I gave up the bouras because post 100 gain was too painful even thought theoratically it should work to 120 without any problem.

So is that what you have been working with with disco? the tamed/released cu sidhe with a gimped barding difficulty to 120?

Gusten

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not Poo, but i hit 120 disco last week, and worked Cu Sidhes from around 100-105 to 120. And yes, the tamed and released ones, with 95-98 barding diff. With enhanced client, it's easy to set up a macro for disocing and invising, and stay semi-afk while you watch TV or play internet poker or whatever. Doesn't require much attention.
Whenever I grew bored and wanted to train more actively, I went to the Ogre Lords that have diff around 103. Should be a bit quicker gains, but a bit more work. Not that much though actually, as you can stay invis most of the time. Should actually work to set up a macro there too.

Anyway, my take on training on tamed and released Cu's is the convenience.

M

milk

after some experimenting kinda answered my own question.

once tame/released cu can regain its barding diffulty by sparring with other pets. so tame another cu and fight with your tame/released discordance target cu, it will regain back to 100 + barding difficulty.

thanks gusten though!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the barding difficulty is the same as working melee on monsters

you can effectivlly gain between 25 point below and above the critter your 'targetting'