Question to experienced imbuers...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
How difficult would it be (number of attempts) and what would it cost, moreless, in terms of resources used up, to imbue a piece with these mods ?

Hit Point Increase 10
Hit Chance Increase 10%
Physical Resist 18%
Fire Resist 18%
Cold Resist 17%
Poison Resist 18%
Energy Resist 16%
Mage Armor

Also, would there be room to imbue other mods on top of those ?

L

[LGND]

That is a replica. It is obtained from doing spawns. You cannot imbue a piece to be identical to that, or even close.

No one else needs/should post on this thread.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
You cannot imbue a piece to be identical to that, or even close.

Can you please explain what would be the limits to imbuing those mods into a piece ?
CAPs to imbuing ?

Thanks.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
Can you please explain what would be the limits to imbuing those mods into a piece ?
CAPs to imbuing ?

Thanks.
Popps, do you REALLY go out of your way to make people describe you as "Annoying" ? Several Uhallers went to a lot of trouble to create the Imbuing FAQ, have you even bothered to read it?

L

[LGND]

Q: Do the weighting modifiers apply to items when determining their score for unraveling?
A: Currently, weighting modifiers do not affect unraveling.
Source: http://www.uoherald.com/fof/?fofId=175

Q: Where can I find the general information on the skill?
A: http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_...?content=30889
Q: What can I unravel Artifacts into?
A: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=158985

Q: Can I remove a completely remove a property from an item?
A: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=159771

Q: How does Swing Speed Increase work with Weapon Speed & Stamina?
(kinda related, as you wont want to over imbue an item)
A: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthre...ighlight=swing

Q: How best do I train the skill?
(link to Petra's Guide)
A: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=157702

Q: What Are some good tips to optimize my training?
A: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=157885

Q: Where can I get a Power Scroll for the Imbuing Skill?
A: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=160133

Q: What skill levels do I need to make my own Soulforge?
A: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=158180

Q: What Properties replace each other on an item?
A: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=157798

Q: Can you explain the skill groups on jewelry more please?
(related to above question)
A: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=145009

Q: What are the ingredients and where can I find the high intensity ones?
A: http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_...?content=31013

Q: What bonuses do gargoyles get over humans & elves?
A: I have seen too many conflicting posts about this, so I don't want to lead anyone stray. From what I have seen, success chance seems to be dependant on not only the race, but the number of total properties on the item, given an characters of equal skill, the same forge location, and identical items. I do not believe it is a flat xx% bonus.

Q: What is the difference between soul forges?
A: I have seen too many conflicting posts about this, so I don't want to lead anyone stray..

Q: Do I need any other skills to Imbue Items?
A: No. Though being able to craft your own items to imbue or gather your own materials would not be a waste of effort.

Q: Do I need to have Item Identification skill to use Imbuing?
A: No. Item Identification can be used to determine what quality of Imbuing Ingredient (Magical Residue, Enchanted Essence, or Relic Fragment) the item will yield when unravelled. Item ID does require a skill in Imbuing to determine what the item will unravel to.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Popps, do you REALLY go out of your way to make people describe you as "Annoying" ? Several Uhallers went to a lot of trouble to create the Imbuing FAQ, have you even bothered to read it?

Before I come out with an answer to that simple question, it would take hours of reading and calculations on resources needed and so forth.

Just figured a fellow player, experienced on imbuing, could simply answer on the fly a rough estimate sparing the need to spend all that time into looking about it.

Sometimes time at hand can be very scarce and what can take a long time to some can take a minute to others....

L

[LGND]

Pops now is in possession of all the information possibly needed for imbuing. No further posts are needed.

R

Reximus

How difficult would it be (number of attempts) and what would it cost, moreless, in terms of resources used up, to imbue a piece with these mods ?

Hit Point Increase 10
Hit Chance Increase 10%
Physical Resist 18%
Fire Resist 18%
Cold Resist 17%
Poison Resist 18%
Energy Resist 16%
Mage Armor

You can't imbue HCI onto armor, only jewelry.

The cap for HPI on an item is 5.

That item would be like 926 weighted intensity.

C

Connor_Graham

Hit Point Increase 10
Hit Chance Increase 10%
Physical Resist 18%
Fire Resist 18%
Cold Resist 17%
Poison Resist 18%
Energy Resist 16%
Mage Armor

Crafting forum isn't good enough for you? If there was a thumbs down smiliey I'd put it right here ->_. Since there isn't, you get this one -> :dunce:

C

Coragin

Make an exceptional Woodland Gorget:

Imbude HPS +5
Imbue Fire Max -2
Imbue Cold Max -2
Imbue Energy Max - 2
Imbue Mage Armor

Then enhance with heartwood till you get 5% hci. And that is the closest you can get.

If you dont care about mage armor, this would make it easier to make and you would get a lot less catastrophic fails on the enhance.

Dont forget to use POF before imbue.

I have made a ton of nice suits this way, but 9 of 10 pieces break on enhancement, sometimes all ten. So, that might give you an idea of just how much you will break things and how much you need to spend.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2005
poops u ddint ask for ingrediants to make a new player couldnt handle it

snickers

should nerf imbuing to only recuire vendor jewels

Before I come out with an answer to that simple question, it would take hours of reading and calculations on resources needed and so forth.

Just figured a fellow player, experienced on imbuing, could simply answer on the fly a rough estimate sparing the need to spend all that time into looking about it.

Sometimes time at hand can be very scarce and what can take a long time to some can take a minute to others....

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 1, 2006

Hit Point Increase 10
Hit Chance Increase 10%
Physical Resist 18%
Fire Resist 18%
Cold Resist 17%
Poison Resist 18%
Energy Resist 16%
Mage Armor

It would be more appropriate to discuss imbuing in the crafter forum. I wouldn't want to guess on the number of trials and resources to get the base resists average up, but probably get the lower resists up to 10-12. The higher resists can go up to 17-18, but on the test center I don't have the boura pelts.

Of course HPI and HCI can't go as high as that piece you wanted to reproduce. You would need to have two pieces to get the HPI and HCI to 10 each.

-Lorax

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nov 1, 2003
Lake Superior

Hit Point Increase 10
Hit Chance Increase 10%
Physical Resist 18%
Fire Resist 18%
Cold Resist 17%
Poison Resist 18%
Energy Resist 16%
Mage Armor

Go to the test shard and try it there. You will quickly find that you cant do it though.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
You can't imbue HCI onto armor, only jewelry.

The cap for HPI on an item is 5.

That item would be like 926 weighted intensity.

Thanks for the kind answer.

That is the info I was looking for.

Sometimes, for computer games, there are template builders available which help players design their template and armor taking into account all CAPs and game limitations.

That is, players enter in the builder their final goal numbers and the builder tells them what particular items or, with imbuing, what particular imbuing would be necessary on what piece in order to make their goal suit/template (i.e. it does all filtering and calculation, automatically, handily providing to players the end result).

That anyone knows, is there any such utility available for UO, upgraded with imbuing and new items available (replicas, mostly) ?

Thanks.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Make an exceptional Woodland Gorget:

Imbude HPS +5
Imbue Fire Max -2
Imbue Cold Max -2
Imbue Energy Max - 2
Imbue Mage Armor

Then enhance with heartwood till you get 5% hci. And that is the closest you can get.

If you dont care about mage armor, this would make it easier to make and you would get a lot less catastrophic fails on the enhance.

Dont forget to use POF before imbue.

I have made a ton of nice suits this way, but 9 of 10 pieces break on enhancement, sometimes all ten. So, that might give you an idea of just how much you will break things and how much you need to spend.

Thanks a lot for the kind info.

One question about Powder of Fortification usage before imbuing as it relates to costs.

I take it that enhancing (which breaks 9 out of 10 pieces) comes before applying PoF right ?

Otherwise, the process would eat an outrageous amount of PoFs increasing costs exponentially.....

By the way, a failed inbue can never break the item or can it ?

R

Reximus

Thanks a lot for the kind info.

One question about Powder of Fortification usage before imbuing as it relates to costs.

I take it that enhancing (which breaks 9 out of 10 pieces) comes before applying PoF right ?

Otherwise, the process would eat an outrageous amount of PoFs increasing costs exponentially.....

By the way, a failed inbue can never break the item or can it ?
Enhancing comes after POF, since you can't pof after an item has been imbued, so yes, you waste a hell of alot of pof and materials (essences, relic, etc).

Failed imbued doesn't break the item but uses up components like the gems/relics.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Enhancing comes after POF, since you can't pof after an item has been imbued, so yes, you waste a hell of alot of pof and materials (essences, relic, etc).

Failed imbued doesn't break the item but uses up components like the gems/relics.

Please, then, correct me if I understood wrong.

To charge an item with full 255 durability, about 20 powders of Fortification are needed (20 x 10 = 200 durability added to the starting one).

Now, PoFs run at about 70,000 each. So, for each attempt, only in PoF used up, would take some 70,000 gp x 20 = 1.4 millions.

Since 9 out of 10 tries at enhancing will break the item, that means that 9 x 1.4 millions = 12.6 millions will alone go away in PoFs (some 200 powders.....WOW).

And that is not counting the cost of the failed imbuings and only for just ONE piece !

What is a rough estimate of the final cost of a high end imbued item ? About 15 to 20 millions per piece ?

Unless I failed something in my calculations, it looks to me that hardly imbuing can be really of help to new players of the game given the extreme costs it comes with....

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
Denmark
Please, then, correct me if I understood wrong.

To charge an item with full 255 durability, about 20 powders of Fortification are needed (20 x 10 = 200 durability added to the starting one).

Now, PoFs run at about 70,000 each. So, for each attempt, only in PoF used up, would take some 70,000 gp x 20 = 1.4 millions.

Since 9 out of 10 tries at enhancing will break the item, that means that 9 x 1.4 millions = 12.6 millions will alone go away in PoFs (some 200 powders.....WOW).

And that is not counting the cost of the failed imbuings and only for just ONE piece !

What is a rough estimate of the final cost of a high end imbued item ? About 15 to 20 millions per piece ?

Unless I failed something in my calculations, it looks to me that hardly imbuing can be really of help to new players of the game given the extreme costs it comes with....
There is 10 charges in a POF, so you would use 2 full POFs to add 200 durability :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
There is 10 charges in a POF, so you would use 2 full POFs to add 200 durability :)

Seems I am off of a zero.....

So 10 charges each adding 10 durability points correct (2 powders for 200 durability points) ?

So rather than 15-20 millions per high end imbued item is it a good guess to say that each piece may run at somewhat 1.5-2 millions gp ?
Or does it go above that, on average ?

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
Denmark
Seems I am off of a zero.....

So 10 charges each adding 10 durability points correct (2 powders for 200 durability points) ?

So rather than 15-20 millions per high end imbued item is it a good guess to say that each piece may run at somewhat 1.5-2 millions gp ?
Or does it go above that, on average ?
Yes 10*10 durability points in 1 POF.
And if you cant farm any of your mats yourself and you have to buy them all in Luna I guess a high end imbued piece will cost you arround 1 million... aprox 200k pr max mod. (+ pof)
But if you can live with jus under max mods you are looking at maybe 100 to 500k for a piece + pof

G

georgemarvin2001

You can't get quite the exact same stats with imbuing. What you can get easily, which would be comparable in both item value and usefulness, would be to make a woodland gorget, then PoF to 255, then imbue, then enhance with bloodwood. You won't get the HCI, but you will get HPR 2 and one other property of your choice instead. If you use 2 imbues for resists (physical and cold, making a lot of pieces till you get some that have the majority of the exc bonus in poison and energy), and the other 3 for stats, you would get:
Hit point regen 2 from the bloodwood
5 hit points
1 other stat of your choice. Most people would choose LMC.
Phys 23
Fire 20
Cold 18
Poison 17
Energy 16
mage armor

You can adjust the resists somewhat according to what you need for your suit. In most cases, if you're making a whole bloodwood suit, you will only need to use 1 imbue per piece to get all 70s resists; that way, you actually have 2 extra stats of your choice to use instead of 1. You could easily have something like:
HPR2
5 hp
LMC 7
MR2
Phys 10
Fire 20
Cold 18
Poison 17
Energy 16
Mage armor

A couple of other notes: HCI is capped at 45%. Most of us already have HCI on our jewelry, and quite a few have HCI on our shields, either from old shields before they quit putting the property on them, or from museum of vesper replicas (although the -1 casting makes those less attractive). There is an old 15 HCI/15 DCI/FC1 shield for sale in Luna Atlantic right now.

If you really needed the HCI instead of HPR, you could keep making pieces and enhancing with heartwood until you got the HCI property, but you would go through so many bottles of PoF that there wouldn't be a bottle left on the whole shard. Also, you wouldn't get the +8 fire resist that enhancing with Bloodwood gives, and you wouldn't get the HPR 2.

You will have about a 10% chance of success enhancing. That means you will need to make 10 pieces, if you have average luck. If you want the finished item to have maximum durability of 255, you will probably need 20 bottles of PoF at 100k per bottle, total 2 million. Imbuing 10 pieces of armor with the mage armor property will require 200 pieces of abyssal cloth @500k for 10, total 5 million. For the resists, any character, even a crafter, can get 10 boura pelts in like 5 minutes, so I wouldn't even count those as worth counting. LJs drop luminescent fungi for the hit points on the ground at the banks, so it's also about worthless. The rest of the ingredients are fairly cheap, unless you decide to use the extra imbue to put something like mana regen 2 or LMC on the piece. If you decide to only use 1 imbue for resists, and put both LMC and MR2 on the piece, its cost will double. I would guess that you will spend about 10 million total making a piece that is comparable to the replica, 15 million if you imbue LMC instead of a cheap property for the 1 extra stat, or maybe 25 million if you only use 1 imbue for resists and sink the points into both MR2 and LMC.

Note: Like imbued items, you can't use PoF on replicas. Most of the replicas have durability of 150, and your finished piece will have durability of 255. If you just use PoF to make the total durability 150, the same as the replica that you're wanting to simulate, you'll save about a million.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
I would guess that you will spend about 10 million total making a piece that is comparable to the replica, 15 million if you imbue LMC instead of a cheap property for the 1 extra stat, or maybe 25 million if you only use 1 imbue for resists and sink the points into both MR2 and LMC.

Note: Like imbued items, you can't use PoF on replicas. Most of the replicas have durability of 150, and your finished piece will have durability of 255. If you just use PoF to make the total durability 150, the same as the replica that you're wanting to simulate, you'll save about a million.

Thanks for the comprehensive and detailed explaination.

So, in the end, my original guess of a final cost per piece of like 15-20 millions gold for high end imbued stuff was not off ??

That's what it cost, on average, of course, per single piece imbued ?

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2009
Denmark
Thanks for the comprehensive and detailed explaination.

So, in the end, my original guess of a final cost per piece of like 15-20 millions gold for high end imbued stuff was not off ??

That's what it cost, on average, of course, per single piece imbued ?
Yes you could say so... but this is only if you need to enhance your item with special material afterwards.
So this item will be the über item of items and then I think 15 mill is fair (Highend arties cost the same).
However if you can live with an item that is really good, it just lacks icing on the top you will look at aprox 1 mill for a good item :)

G

georgemarvin2001

On average, a high-end weapon will cost 3 million to imbue: 15 to 20 relic fragments which will currently sell for about 70k each, and 40 various essences at 300k for 10. SSI and lightning are 5 relic fragments and 10 essences each, and HCI/DCI/practically all of the third imbues and most of the 4th that people want use relics.
A high-end shield warrior shield will cost about 2.5 million to make: 15 reflect, 15 DCI and FC1. Enhancing with valorite is an almost certain success.
A high-end piece of armor doesn't cost as many relic fragments, but you pretty much have to enhance it or it won't be uber, just above average, and the way enhancing armor is calculated means that you get massive failure rates for armor.
The most expensive imbues will be for tamer armor: If you just add 100 luck and don't imbue a single other property to an item, there is just about a 5% chance of success imbuing the item. I made a suit of 140 luck pieces for my warrior, and I had 138 failures to get 6 pieces. And that was with luck the only imbued property on the armor. The other 4 imbues will decrease the odds so much that you will only average about 1% success or less for enhancing high-luck tamer suits with 5 imbued properties at close to maximum. You can probably figure on about 100-200 million or more per piece of imbued, enhanced luck armor, IF you just do cheap properties like stamina and mana for the other 4 imbues. Maybe 20 times that for 140 luck, MR2, LMC8, LRC20 tamer armor. At 2 to 4 billion in ingredients per piece, I really don't think we'll see many tamers running around wearing a full suit of imbued top-of-the-line luck armor with 255 durability anytime in the near future.

One problem with your initial question is that you assumed that you needed the mage armor property. Leather armor doesn't need the mage armor property, so it will be the cheapest to imbue for mages. In your example above, if you didn't need to use an imbue for the mage armor property, you could use it for any of a number of other useful properties.
Likewise, wooden armor has the best stats for warriors. It has a lot better resists AND a property at 100% to boot. The only reason to wear blacksmith armor would be for show; there is no way to make anything on the blacksmith armor menu that can begin to compete with either leather or wood in terms of usability. Blacksmithy was intentionally given the short end of the deal when ML was published.

C

Connor_Graham

15 to 20 relic fragments which will currently sell for about 70k each, and 40 various essences at 300k for 10.
I don't know what shard you're on, but those prices are way off from the busier shards, at least Pacific. Fragments are much lower, being found as low as 40k each. Essences are much higher, with average prices from 750k-850k. Either way, anything you imbue is 100% free if you hunt for the ingredients yourself.

G

georgemarvin2001

On Atlantic, I have been selling relic fragments on my vendor for 60-70k each, depending on quantity; I have been selling about 100-200 per week, depending on how many hours I spend at Miasma getting stuff good enough to make relic fragments (averages about 20 or so per hour with my warrior's imbued luck suit, total 1135 luck), and/or how many perfect emeralds and how much valorite I mine up to make knight's cleavers (maybe 1 emerald and 200 valorite 0per hour, IF I'm very, very lucky).

On the other hand, most of the essences sit on my vendors for days on end until a customer asks for a custom imbue, and I price them anywhere from 100k for 10 of the lower-level, most common ingredients, like essences of feeling, balance, control, direction, undying flesh, bottles of ichor, boura pelts, luminescent fungi, parasitic plants, fire rubies, turquoise, silver snake skins, etc. up to 500k for the most popular imbuing essences and special ingredients, like order(LMC) precision(HCI), singularity(DCI) and white pearls(+15 skills). I have checked prices on searchuo from time to time, and my prices are generally just barely less than the average in Luna.

In short, while a few of the most sought-after essences will bring much more than 300k, the majority of them will cost much less; 300k is probably a good estimate of the average.

Most players do just like you said, and go hunt their own essences, then bring them to me to imbue. However, that doesn't mean it's exactly free; if they didn't use them, they could sell them to imbuers like me when I run low of certain ingredients; they are just trading a valuable resource for an upgrade in their equipment instead of selling it for gold that they could use for other purposes.

One good thing about the increasing number of players who are unraveling knights for relic frags: I have been able to raise the price of bronze runic hammers from 250k to 350, then 450, then 550k and they still sell out; I have a lot more hammers than valorite and perfect emeralds, and lots of people are making their own relic frags, so the price on Atlantic may soon be as low as Pacific. If it does, I will probably quit farming them and just buy them.