• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) (Question) Show of Hands

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok guys (and girls) , im hoping to be living in the dorms again at my college in a months time or so. And even before then, I will be back around.

Now, why do I bring this up?

Once I am back, I plan on beginning a plot that, hopefully, will last anywhere from 3 months onward. But, I will only do this if there is enough interest from the community. So, let us examine some of things I will bring into it. Just as an incentive.

-Group Efforts in game. For many things, not elaborating. Just know, it will take many people to effectively do anything on participants parts.
-Puzzles, riddles, throw your keyboard out the window from frustration puzzles. (Maybe not that sever in difficulty, but dont expect an easy question)
-Limited RP battles. Don't join just to fight people. It won't happen that often.
-Adventures reaching across every single facet. Including Fel.
-Evil. And not tie the girl up and put her across the train tracks evil either. Like, evil so evil it makes paladins cry.
-Revival of Catskills history will be needed in some parts. Not elaborating on that either.
-Naval stuff.

I'll leave the list at that for now.

Now, as to who is invited to partake...

EVERYONE! Seriously, no discriminations against anyone. HL won't be required for like, 96% of the plot. Ok... 89%. Rewards will be...unique. Nothing worth any gold, because that would lead to... not good things. I want people to join for the fun, and "holy crap I didn't expact that!" kind of moments.

But, here comes a tricky part that I know alot will not want.

Limited gear. Surprise.

If you want to do this thing, you can use one special item. That has NOT been imbued. Crafted sure, but nothing godlike. I want parts to be, you know, a challenge.

I mean, whens the last time anyones gone head to head with a greater dragon without super gear?

This is why I said team work. Also, try not to use vent for this. You want to talk? Do it IC, IG. Not party, not guild, not global chat, etc. Do it over your head. Old school style.

Any questions? Ask em.

Now if you will all excuse me, im taking a nap.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean, whens the last time anyones gone head to head with a greater dragon without super gear?
Not too long ago. Pirates are gluttons for punishment. (Though the breath means nearly certain death, but if there are dragons, I have a plan!)

Other notes:

If you want a girl tied up across the train tracks, I'm happy to do it for you! We just have to have someone invent trains.

The Black Market is at your disposal, and whenever I'm available, so'm I.

You may want to establish what is god-like.

Case in point:

Meets your current standards if god-like can have an intensity of up to 600 points. Imbuing makes establishing limits pretty easily.
(On the other hand, I'll likely not use that bow, but instead get something with only SSI and DI (archery without SSI STINKS!). I'm sure I can find something which matches that description in my hoard)

V

Victoria Navarre

*Slides her dragon slayer spellbook into her pack and raises her hand* I'm in.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm not showing you my hands!

PS Get with me about Daemus please!

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm good calls.'

Up to 3 mods on a weapon or other random item. No LRC, FC, FCR, Slayer mods.

No Dreadmares, G.D. or the likes. 2 Slot pets only.

And Flutter, I have to have money for one account first, then two.:p

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good plan in general. I'll watch the progress with interest.

Up to 3 mods on a weapon or other random item. No LRC, FC, FCR, Slayer mods.
No Dreadmares, G.D. or the likes. 2 Slot pets only.
Too complicated in my opinion. GM-made items and/or maybe unmodified monster-looted items only, that's where I would go.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think all is fair in love and war... the only things I'd say would be out of my RP'd PvP would be faction items (because I maintain that factions is a PvP system and not an RP system) and I like the idea of 2 slot pets. Tamers shouldn't be excluded.

M

Maltyr

GM weapons and armor would be fine by me. I never have been a fan of the post-Age of Shadows equipment system.
I'd love to be involved in the evil side of this, especially if I could dust off my old (skeletal, non-vampire) undead character for the duration - if that isn't too cartoonishly evil for what you have in mind.