• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question regarding Old Weapons

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This morning I was sorting through various chests of junk and found two old weapons. One was called "A magic Axe" and is an Elemental Slayer, when I used Item Identification on it, it showed as "an axe of elemental ban." Thought pretty cool so moved into my pack. As I moved it I noticed the tag changed to just "Axe" and used Item ID again and it just says "axe" :( I then checked another "a magic" weapon that I had moved to my pack from same chest and it is simply "a double axe" now. It is a Blood Elemental Slayer and I thought it had a special name too when I first ID'd it. But didn't pay real close attention as I was merely organizing things. So what is up with these old weapons? I've seen bows with the special names, but never noticed other weapons. But even more importantly, what is up with the tags changing when I moved into my pack. That really sucks.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Those date from the early days of Slayer Weapons. Slayers came out pre-AoS and changed after AoS launched. You ID'ing it and putting it in your pack must have kicked off the change.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those date from the early days of Slayer Weapons. Slayers came out pre-AoS and changed after AoS launched. You ID'ing it and putting it in your pack must have kicked off the change.
I wonder if that change was intentional? Guess I won't ID any "a magic" weapons.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think it was with the AOS launch, the code was probably never turned off in the system so when you handled the items it flagged them to be changed.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if that change was intentional? Guess I won't ID any "a magic" weapons.
its not intentional but has been like this forever. thats why you never see them, because if diplayed and someone IDs them they use the majic tag.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its not intentional but has been like this forever. thats why you never see them, because if diplayed and someone IDs them they use the majic tag.
Wow. I know I have a few others that I have never ID'd. I've gotten into the habit of Id'g items while sorting to decide whether to unravel for relics or use for turn-in points, if I don't keep them. It is sad to lose some uo history simply because I used a UO skill for its intended purpose. Disappointing.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. I know I have a few others that I have never ID'd. I've gotten into the habit of Id'g items while sorting to decide whether to unravel for relics or use for turn-in points, if I don't keep them. It is sad to lose some uo history simply because I used a UO skill for its intended purpose. Disappointing.
agreed. just one of those weird things with UO.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah, IDing any "a magic ..." will make them lose any value since any information for the weapon will already by displayed below the tag. It was part of the pre AOS item system that you had to ID in order to find out the quality of the weapon. (defense, fort, invulnerability, or might, vanq etc)