• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question regarding dci cap

Epyco

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi there.

I got a question which I sadly cant test myself.

Lets assume I got 45 DCI (real) on items. I refine 5 parts to decrease my dci cap to 40. Now Im using those +10 hci -5 dci boots.

Whats my dci now? 35 or 40? Well I kind of fear it s 35, but you never know.

Anybody has a clue?

Thanks in advance!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've not tested it either, but most properties allow you to overcap, then apply the penalties to the overage. MY mage used to use jewelry to use a -20 Mage Weapon bow at 120 skill, as the skill total was 140 (capped at 120) before adding the -20 bow.

Now, if something is hard-revised down to a set number (FC with protection on, sets to 0 for casting skills over a certain value), as opposed to having a negative applied, the set number becomes the new base (so FC-1 can take it to -1 from 0).

My guess is the first should apply, at the new cap of 40, as as long as you are overcapped to 45, the -5 should cancel out with the overcap - but don't hold me to that.

Lins

El Baja Panti
Stratics Veteran
Hi there.

I got a question which I sadly cant test myself.

Lets assume I got 45 DCI (real) on items. I refine 5 parts to decrease my dci cap to 40. Now Im using those +10 hci -5 dci boots.

Whats my dci now? 35 or 40? Well I kind of fear it s 35, but you never know.

Anybody has a clue?

Thanks in advance!
Is it not simple or am i misreading this.......your new cap is 40 after refinement, but you have 45 worth of DCI points...then u add boots that take away 5 DCI...so your at 40.
and it should plainly show that 40/40
so why guess what your new DCI is when it should show it.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40, refinements just lower the cap not the real value, the boots lower the real value so 45 - 5