• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Question regarding Davis Locker

jaraxlebaenrae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does the locker only display the 1st 2 coordinates?....like it will say 113S 14W? Is this the way it is supposed to be? Because this only gives you a general area..or am I missing something?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's really all you need for SOS, as you get an area almost 1 degree from the actual map coordinates to fish it up.

For T-maps, that will get you in the area, as 6 steps (100 mining) is about 0' 24", so if the coordinates are truncated instead of rounded, you'll be at worst 10 steps diagonally from the map. If they are rounded, then that becomes a 15x15 grid centered on the lat/long

Without mining, truncated numbers mean that you end up with a 15 x 15 area to search with the start point at one corner on the square (which corner depends on if it's N/E, S/E, S/W, or N/W), which isn't unreasonable (given that the game effectively has magical GPS via enchanted sextants and even a command to give your coordinates, if you know it). Rounded numbers just center the square on the coordinates, and might be closer to being a 17x17 square.

Anyone remember whether the locker rounds or truncates coordinates?

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"An Corp"

Davies Locker truncates the coordinates, as well as sharing them before the map is ever decoded. I use it to get a leg up when I scout out chests before digging them up. (My treasure hunter is a non-mage non-combatant: GM Detect, LP, Remove Trap, Cartography, 80 Stealth, 70 Swords/Tac, 60 Stealing, 40 Hiding)

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if you put your sos, or treasure map into Davie's Locker. It'll show you perhaps 113S 14W. This is really 113' 0'S 14' 0'W.

I usually just make a new marker in auto map for a group of maps/sos's and sail the general area. Treasure maps have been pretty exact.

Emac

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Is there anything to replace uoauto map? I've tried the uocartography an have tried all the settings I have read about in the forums to get it to work. Always says facet not found. ( vista) was easier than win.8. I'm only at 77 mining on my T hunter an its a slow process finding the location. I haven't tried to davie jones locker yet.

Emac

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thx , I've been looking everywhere for a link tthat don't run me all over the web. it works great . Cant thank you enough for the help