• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question: Pre/Post GD Skill Calculation/Formula?

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Tamers!

I was wondering what the formula was for calculating the projected skill cap for GDs pretamed and post tamed.

I found this site.

It explains that to calculate the projected skill cap of a dragon PRETAMED you multiply by .9 (GD's Skill cap is 90% of pretamed skill)

Is this correct? And is there a formula for calculating what the projected stats of a GD will be AFTER it has been tamed?

I guess to state it plainly I would love to be able to lore a wild GD and be able to tell what it's skill caps would be after tamed and trained up max. I would also like to be able to take a freshly tamed/untrained GD and be able to know what his skill caps will be?

I know there are some very knowledgeable tamers out there and that these things seem to change over the years. I appreciate your help. :)

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is correct. For any skill that can go above GM, if you multiply times .9 on an untamed Gdrag, you will get the max cap after retraining the drag when you tame it. This really only affects wrestle, tactics, resist and magery. After taming, before you start training the dragon, lore it. Multiply the post tame values of any of those four skill numbers by 1.25 to find out what the dragon will train up to in those skills.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is correct. For any skill that can go above GM, if you multiply times .9 on an untamed Gdrag, you will get the max cap after retraining the drag when you tame it. This really only affects wrestle, tactics, resist and magery. After taming, before you start training the dragon, lore it. Multiply the post tame values of any of those four skill numbers by 1.25 to find out what the dragon will train up to in those skills.
Could not be more pleased with the response, answered my questions perfectly. Thank you!

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One quick suggestion as well, once you have them figured out write them down somewhere. If you continue to tame/train other dragons in search of a better one its easy to forget/confuse numbers I tamed bunches over the years for guildmates and always did it for theirs as well and used it for reference when they would inevitably ask what the skill caps were.

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok i just started taming stuff that is worth keeping around baka kits and up. Waiting to start looking for those keep pets IE the ones in the upper 90% of tameable skills.

If i was reading UOguide right the easy way to find out what the tamed skills will be is there 90% of pre tamed so just -10% after you lore them. This works for anything that has over Gm skills right? YOu get which ever is highest GM or over.

Thanks for any help you can give to clear this up so i can get to looking for pets to start bonding with =)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If i was reading UOguide right the easy way to find out what the tamed skills will be is there 90% of pre tamed so just -10% after you lore them. This works for anything that has over Gm skills right? YOu get which ever is highest GM or over.
You are correct.