• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question....possibly been answered before.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if this has been asked before, or even answered. I just figured I'd get the answer faster posting, as apposed to searching.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Will you be able to use imbued weapons on non Stygian Abyss accounts?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i would say yes but have not tested it

Y

Yalp

I would say no but haven't tested it.

See imbued items are restircted to Garg's only... (if this still holds true)

If you don't upgrade to SA I don't know how you will have access to the skill, or the Gargoyle race to wear it.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a small correction - you can imbue non-gargoyle items too.

( but whether or not there's a restriction to SA-enabled accounts only, I don't know ... we'll find out in another day I guess :) )

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say no but haven't tested it.

See imbued items are restircted to Garg's only... (if this still holds true)

If you don't upgrade to SA I don't know how you will have access to the skill, or the Gargoyle race to wear it.

so wait...if you imbue a bone harvester you wont be able to use it unless you're a gargoyle?

Hmmm, if that's true then there's no reason to even bother with the expansion at all.

Originally I'd planned on buying the expansion for my mule account, but that was it.

I was going to imbue a bone harvester, and a few other weps for a tactics mage! but, if that requires a pair of wings...no thanks!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so wait...if you imbue a bone harvester you wont be able to use it unless you're a gargoyle?
Earrings become gargoyle-only because only gargoyles have that as a regular equipment slot. But that's an exception, not the normal behavior of imbuing - the bone harvester will remain a non-gargoyle item.

(subject to the usual disclaimers about any tweaks between the open beta and tomorrow)

Y

Yalp

Earrings become gargoyle-only because only gargoyles have that as a regular equipment slot. But that's an exception, not the normal behavior of imbuing - the bone harvester will remain a non-gargoyle item.

(subject to the usual disclaimers about any tweaks between the open beta and tomorrow)
that is one thing i didn't understand.. I wear earrings of protection on my elven bard, and nightsight earrings on my human dexer. Shouldnt earrings be all races.. but then we get into the overpowered templates if you can make a killer pair of earrings to add to the armor slots of non-garg's.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each race has 8 "major" equipment slots that can have 5 properties.

humans/elves have 6 armor (head, neck, arms, body, gloves, leggings) and 2 jewelry (ring, bracelet)

gargoyles have 4 armor (arms, body, kilt, legging) and 4 jewelry (ring, bracelet, neck, earring). Since they have fewer armor slots, the base resists are higher to compensate.

earrings are a decorative slot on humans/elves (with rare, weak single-property items use it) and have to remain that way for total properties available to each race to add up properly.