• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on Sleeves

M

mbecker4

I recently burned through a horned kit making some sleeves out of barbed leather. I got some peices with decent resists and some MR and LMC. I also got a few that had really good resists;

Phy 19
Fire 21
Cold 11
Poison 16
Energy 13
Total 80

My question is which types do most people prefer? I know each person has their own preferences. Do people even consider armor if it doesn't have any mods or than high resists. Thanks for your help.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Personally I dont mind a couple of pieces of my suit just having high resist it makes it easier to find the the mods you want on the other pieces without having to worry about resist but I think most people want mods and high resist on there pieces

T

Trukx

I agree with Storm. Arms in particular are great for a 'just resists' piece as there arent many artifacts for that slot. Particularly good in that the Fire/Poison and Energy are high/decent and after arties those are usually the hardest to cap.

G

I will agree with the other posters,

most people try to squeeze the maximums onto their suits, it just human nature.

personally, I would save those for if I started a new character, while training them up, those sleeves would come in handy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with Storm. Arms in particular are great for a 'just resists' piece as there arent many artifacts for that slot. Particularly good in that the Fire/Poison and Energy are high/decent and after arties those are usually the hardest to cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it...I am in search for a set of sleeves that are MR 2 with fire and poison above 18. The rest of the resists can be at 3 for all I care. After searching though chests full of armor and vendors galore...I finally decide to get a few barbed kits...finish my tailor..and burn them myself.

I am pretty sure I can get them eventually...since during my search I found countless sets of sleeves with MR 2 and 2 resists in the 16-23 range...just not Fire and poison.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just burning a Horned kit for a friend, going for legs, I got a Barbed leather legs that had 27 poison resist and MR 2 - just didn't have the LRC I was looking for, for him (I did make a 20 LRC pair that put him up to 98, eventually).

keep trying.