Question on runic hammers.

• Thread starter Toshiro Mifune
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
T

Toshiro Mifune

So, I have rejoined UO just to smith stuff. What exactly in detail are the changes to Runic hammers? I read they can all reach max intensity. Can they all have up to 5 modifiers too? Is the only difference now that valorite is the most likely to place high stats?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
The number of properties is the same.

The minimum intensities of smith & tailor runics got raised significantly.

All smith & tailor runics can now make 100% intensity on the properties they "roll".

This means you can get saleable (or personally useful) items from bronze & gold hammers (and occasionally even copper ones).

For the tailors, even spined kits have value now, as one can theoretically craft 140 luck, high LRC, pieces that will make pieces for a 100% LRC, max luck suit. Horned kits are routinely producing 1-2 each that have 70-80 resists and 1 other useful property (when made from barbed or horned leather).

Personally, I love radiant scimitars (including the twinkling variant), and have made a few (using a gold hammer) with lower SSI (of course), but better leeches, than a soul seeker - that also have 40% DI because they're exceptional, so I get better damage (and leeches) over time than if I was using the 1-2 tick faster Soul Seeker (that has no DI) - not to mention it being safer to use against undead...