• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on Masteries

Grenier

Adventurer
I am running a Tamer/Bard and I have an understanding on what the masteries are for each but my question is can you run them for each class? I will be running Music and Disco mainly with peacemaking on a stone when I need it. I have right now the Peacemaking mastery, since music and peace are both over 90 at the moment. My taming is close to 90 and when it is, can I run the taming mastery with the Peace or do I have to choose and swap between them if I need to? If I have to choose does it make more sense to run Bard over Taming or Taming over Bard? Planning to take them all to real 120 too. My instinct says Bard Mastery.

Thanks Grenier

SimpleEnigma88

Adventurer
You can only run one Mastery at a time. You can switch between them by using the context menu on the mastery book, but only once every 15 minutes.

As for which is better, it is my experience that the taming mastery is really rather fantastic, especially at high natural skill and level three mastery. But the Bard masteries look as though they would greatly benefit a party.

Just my two cents.

Andy

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you're going to use the Taming mastery, you will want a level 3 mastery and you will want your Taming AND Lore to be close to as 120 as possible. Otherwise the mana costs because prohibitive and make it difficult to maintain the 'Consume Damage' mastery ability that makes the Taming mastery so valuable.

However, if you're trying to be helpful in more of a group setting, than the mastery songs for Peacemaking and Provocation are always going to be a big positive. And similar to the Taming mastery comment, you will want your Peacemaking to be as close to 120 as possible to get the best mana cost reduction and strength from the song itself.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Disco/Tamer he wears only white armor and clothing. His Guild Title is John Travolta. Now that we have the Joke out of the way.

I have taming Masteries 3 and Disco Masteries at my disposal. I very rarely use Taming Masteries due to Mana consumption issue. I have 210 mana, but can not maintain it longer than about 90 seconds. This is with 50 Mediation and 12 MR from suit I have 115 tame and 110'lore.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have a Disco/Tamer he wears only white armor and clothing. His Guild Title is John Travolta. Now that we have the Joke out of the way.

I have taming Masteries 3 and Disco Masteries at my disposal. I very rarely use Taming Masteries due to Mana consumption issue. I have 210 mana, but can not maintain it longer than about 90 seconds. This is with 50 Mediation and 12 MR from suit I have 115 tame and 110'lore.
I'm at 120/120 taming/lore, 75 meditation, 28 MR on my suit. I use taming mastery level 3, and it's about a wash. I gain one point of mana every 4 or 5 seconds while the taming mastery is up. So casting spells brings my mana down. In the event I have to heal on the spot, I have been using Gift of Renewal from Spellweaving book rather than continuously spamming Greater Heal. :stretcher: That's the only trouble with the Taming mastery... the mana cost. I highly suggest going 120/120 if you are going to use the taming mastery.

Love the character name and story behind it! :danceb: