• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on faction bless crafted items.

• Thread starter InspectorGadget
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
I

InspectorGadget

Can any item be made faction blessed??

What i mean is can runic weapons be faction blessed??

What about jewels??

W

wee papa smurf

Good question, if you were to make an ecru in a faction town that your faction owns and your inside the appropriate shop will the item be blessed?

But even if it was, "Faction Blessed" doesnt last forever :thumbsup:

R

RichDC

Good question, if you were to make an ecru in a faction town that your faction owns and your inside the appropriate shop will the item be blessed?

But even if it was, "Faction Blessed" doesnt last forever :thumbsup:
How long do they stay blessed for, and can they be recharged?

W

wee papa smurf

How long do they stay blessed for, and can they be recharged?
Im not sure exactly how long but somethings telling me its 3 weeks? Its the same amount of time your faction robe lasts before it looses its colour.

And no it wouldnt be able to be recharged :sad3:
Would be cool though :D

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont even think this system works anymore.. i tried it a couple days ago and the faction hue message would pop up and disappear in 2 seconds before i could even make a selection, or it would pop up and i would select the color and nothing would happen.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got it to work within the last week on Great Lakes for both blacksmithing and tailoring.

According to what's in the Playguide on the official UO site, the only things you can faction bless/hue are:

Metal armor - 1000 silver
Leather armor - 750 silver
Weapons (melee and archery; who knows if they'll remember to add in throwing) - 1000 silver
Clothing - 200 silver (This includes such things as cloaks, robes, dresses, skirts, shirts, sandals, aprons, etc.)

In order to make the gump show up, you have to satisfy all of the following criteria at the time the item is crafted:

• The crafter must belong to a faction and be in the appropriate NPC shop in a faction town currently controlled by his or her faction while making the item. Note: I'm not sure if this criteria is considered satisfied if the crafter is in the process of quitting the faction.
  • The crafter must have sufficient silver in his/her backpack (see amounts listed above for various types of items).
  • The item must be exceptional quality when crafted. The crafter does NOT have to have GM or better skill in the skill used to make the item.

Assuming all these criteria are satisfied, as soon as the item is created, a gump will appear asking if you want the item to be faction hued/blessed and which of the faction's two colors it should be. The gump also indicates the cost and how much silver you actually have in your pack.

If the crafter has GM or better skill and selected the option to show the maker's mark, the crafter's name will appear on the exceptionally-crafted item, followed on the same line with the faction abbreviation in brackets (e.g., "Anna [TB]"). (This is true whether or not you faction hue/bless the item, as long as the exceptionally-crafted item is made somewhere in Felucca. Exceptionally-crafted items made in Trammel by a faction crafter will only show the crafter's name, if that option is selected. They do not show the crafter's faction.)

The faction hue/blessing is only supposed to last 21 days.

More info is here on the UO.com site: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=212.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There needs to be some sort of an added benefit for faction crafting.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There needs to be some sort of an added benefit for faction crafting.
I think the only "benefit" that's currently available that would be of interest to most folks is being able to ride a war horse. I'm not 100% certain how it works because I haven't bothered doing it yet with my one and only faction crafter. However, I think you have to have one GM crafting skill; go to the faction stone and use the option to declare yourself a faction crafter in the appropriate skill; and then get a hold of a faction war horse.

I guess some would consider being able to ride a faction wa horse a benefit. I guess for that character, it's a benefit. But it does nothing to improve what you make or to benefit your faction, especially if your crafter spends most of its time outside of Fel.

If everyone used non-magic gear, being able to bless and hue stuff would be a boon. These days it's mostly just a waste of silver.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the only "benefit" that's currently available that would be of interest to most folks is being able to ride a war horse. I'm not 100% certain how it works because I haven't bothered doing it yet with my one and only faction crafter. However, I think you have to have one GM crafting skill; go to the faction stone and use the option to declare yourself a faction crafter in the appropriate skill; and then get a hold of a faction war horse.

I guess some would consider being able to ride a faction wa horse a benefit. I guess for that character, it's a benefit. But it does nothing to improve what you make or to benefit your faction, especially if your crafter spends most of its time outside of Fel.

If everyone used non-magic gear, being able to bless and hue stuff would be a boon. These days it's mostly just a waste of silver.
The faction commander has to place a horse breeder to a city that the faction controls. The horse breeder sells War Horses for 3000 gold and 500 silver.