• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on damage calculations and cap

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a question on damage caps and calculations.

From what I have read, there is a 300% hard cap on damage increase. 100% from items, and 200% from everything else (EoO, Perfection, Slayers, Str, Tactics, Anatomy, etc).

However I am seeing different results in practice and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out why.

Current stats/skills:

100% DI on gear
73% EoO at current chivalry level
150 STR

100 Anatomy
118 Bushido
110 Chivalry
120 Swords
100 Tactics

In theory this should be:

DI Gear: 100%
EoO: 73%
Perfection: 0-100%
STR: 50%
Tactics: 68.75%
Anatomy: 55%
--------------------------
Total: 346.75% (no perfection) to 446.75% (full perfection)

Overcapped on damage even without perfection going. However what I have noticed, is that when EoO falls off, and I have full perfection rolling, my DPH drops by a large amount.

For example on Navrey, I am hitting for about 70 with everything up. EoO falls off and I'm hitting for around 40 until I get EoO back up.

Shouldn't my damage still be at ~373% without EoE? Why am I seeing such a dramatic dropoff when I should be overcapped on damage? Or am I wrong on the way damage calculates and stacks?

Thanks!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Read Corwin's sticky.
I already read the sticky, which is why I'm asking for clarification given the specifics mentioned above.

UOGuide says 300% total damage increase from all sources (including 100% from DI on gear).

Corwin's guide makes it sound like the 300% is in ADDITION to the 100% DI from gear:

You can increase your DI by Divine Fury (DF) - Chivalry spell (subject by 100% DI cap).

[...]

There are also Damage Modifiers (DM). Damage modifiers are multipliers of character base damage. The most common DM is Slayer. For example, undead slayer doubles characters damage against undeads. DM is capped at 300%. That means you can do 3x of characters damage.
So is it 300% all inclusive, or 100% DI on Gear + 300% damage modifiers from other sources (not gear)?

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are 2 damage calculations going on.
The first one does include your str,tactics,anat,weapon base damage,lumberjacking and di from items . Di from item does also include divine fury, bard mastery or gargoyle racial. The result of that is what is displayed in your stats window.
That number you can triple by using damage modifiers like eoo, perfection, slayer, consecrate, also stone form , crushing blow, infused throw or focus attack do count as damage modifier and probably a few other odd things as well.

Or very short answer, max you can get is what is displayed in your stat window x3, at least for armor ignore or lighting strike crits.Lumberjack crits or hitting negative resists can go higher for single hit.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are 2 damage calculations going on.
The first one does include your str,tactics,anat,weapon base damage,lumberjacking and di from items . Di from item does also include divine fury, bard mastery or gargoyle racial. The result of that is what is displayed in your stats window.
That number you can triple by using damage modifiers like eoo, perfection, slayer, consecrate, also stone form , crushing blow, infused throw or focus attack do count as damage modifier and probably a few other odd things as well.

Or very short answer, max you can get is what is displayed in your stat window x3, at least for armor ignore or lighting strike crits.Lumberjack crits or hitting negative resists can go higher for single hit.
Thanks! This actually made it click for me. I was interpreting the information in the wrong way, but now I believe I understand better. There is no "hard limit" on base damage modifiers, which include STR, Tactics, Anatomy, Lumberjacking, and item DI, but realistically you are capped at about 4x base damage with everything maxed (according to Corwin's guide).

However, in addition to the base damage modifiers, you can get an additional damage modifier in the way of slayers, perfection, and eoo; and this particular modifier is capped at 300%?

Could you help clarify this part of Corwin's guide:

There are also Damage Modifiers (DM). Damage modifiers are multipliers of character base damage. The most common DM is Slayer. For example, undead slayer doubles characters damage against undeads. DM is capped at 300%. That means you can do 3x of characters damage.

The most important Damage Modifiers are:
Slayer - item property
Honor - Bushido passive bonus
Enemy Of One (EOO) - Chivalry spell.

You need at least two of them to get max bonus (except you use a lesser slayer).
He says you need at least two of the modifiers to get max bonus, but EOO and Honor would be 182% at max skill? Even with a super slayer thrown in, that's still only 282% out of the 300%?

Also, does the "Damage Modifier: 10%" aspect of quivers apply to the second damage modifier calculation, or the base damage modifer?

Thanks.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Damage modifiers are multipliers of character base damage.
For example, 60% + 50% = 140% (1.6 * 1.5 = 2.4)

So if you use a Super Slayer (100% bonus) you need another 50% bonus to get to 300% cap (2.0 * 1.5 = 3.0).

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Damage modifiers are multipliers of character base damage.
For example, 60% + 50% = 140% (1.6 * 1.5 = 2.4)

So if you use a Super Slayer (100% bonus) you need another 50% bonus to get to 300% cap (2.0 * 1.5 = 3.0).
Thanks for taking the time to explain. I finally get it now. I was getting confused because DI from gear is additive, so I was assuming the Damage Modifiers were additive as well. It makes more sense when I realize they are multipliers.