• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on corpse coffins.

• Thread starter imported_Veganite
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Veganite

Is there a way to get the corpse coffin to always open up in the same place? A spot on my screen of my choosing. It’s a real pain to have to drag things from all over the screen. 2d client preferred. I’d be willing to try KR if it’s possible in that client.

G

Go To the paperdoll options mouse tab. Check the automatically arrange itemized windows

I

imported_Veganite

I tried both ways, no matter what I check it doesn't seem to matter, the game opens bags, coffins, whatever, where it wants, not where I want. Does anyone know if the KR client works better?

Thanks

A

agpga

click options then open the interface menu (top right comp mouse looking tab)
then unclick offset interface windows rather than perfectly stacking them
this will open all bags packs etc in top right corner of screen but will stack them

V

vitogl

aqpqa's post works in 2d, but fixes the container positions at the top right and stacks the corpses.

Default KR also offsets containers all over the play screen. But KR is very easy to customize so that you can have containers open exactly where you want and also adjust offset/stacking to what you want. Once you get used to KR's grid box view, this makes corpse looting easier and quicker.

Although I hear KR has other problems...

I

imported_Veganite

<blockquote><hr>

click options then open the interface menu (top right comp mouse looking tab)
then unclick offset interface windows rather than perfectly stacking them
this will open all bags packs etc in top right corner of screen but will stack them

[/ QUOTE ]

I got that to work but on a wide screen monitor it's a long way to drag things plus it taxes my peripheral vision. Maybe I can learn to play with my play screen on the right side of my monitor?

I

imported_Veganite

<blockquote><hr>

aqpqa's post works in 2d, but fixes the container positions at the top right and stacks the corpses.

Default KR also offsets containers all over the play screen. But KR is very easy to customize so that you can have containers open exactly where you want and also adjust offset/stacking to what you want. Once you get used to KR's grid box view, this makes corpse looting easier and quicker.

Although I hear KR has other problems...

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you direct me to a link that explains how to do that? 10 years with the 2D client has left me mentally inept.

V

vitogl

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=207

Might also check out uoskins.com and the kr forums here. There were some good posts on how and why to install the Bitter Black skin. I recommend you download the Bitter Black 2.0 skin because the Bitter Black skin and Pinco's mods are bundled together and they are both quite good.

Once you have your userinterface folder set up for mods, the one you want to mod for fixing the corpse coffin and all other containers (except your backpack) is containerwindow.lua

I've changed the defaults to:
ContainerWindow.DEFAULT_START_POSITION = { x=1200,y=300 }
ContainerWindow.MAX_VALUES = { x=1280, y=700 }
ContainerWindow.POSITION_OFFSET = 10

but you can choose whatever x, y values work for your monitor size and location preference.

I also changed the following snippet to adjust how the windows offset by commenting out the x offset since I don't like the way the defaults tile things diagnolly:
-- else tile them like the old client
else
WindowClearAnchors(this)
WindowAddAnchor(this, "topleft","Root" , "topleft", ContainerWindow.CurPosition.x, ContainerWindow.CurPosition.y)
-- ContainerWindow.CurPosition.x = ContainerWindow.CurPosition.x + ContainerWindow.POSITION_OFFSET
ContainerWindow.CurPosition.y = ContainerWindow.CurPosition.y + ContainerWindow.POSITION_OFFSET