• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question of the day: 14 June 2008

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok today we are going to touch on cheats and PVP, a subject that many players are sensitive about.

Do you PVP? If so how do you feel about the speed hacks? Is the cheating in PVP ruining your game or did you go with the motto "If you can't beat them join them"? What can be done to make PVP more fun in game?

I know I dabble in PVP a bit, and I am not that good at it. Still there are those of you who live to PVP and you have real complaints about its present status.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wow are you opening a great big door with this one...

A

AxeMaster

I did. It really is annoying. I just don't like the overly cocky people because they killed you with five other people or hacked and what not. Of course there are cool people. They are just outnumbered.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did. It really is annoying. I just don't like the overly cocky people because they killed you with five other people or hacked and what not. Of course there are cool people. They are just outnumbered.
I pvp. What irritates me more then speed hacking is the medic program that instantly cure/heals whatever you do to them. no delay, no thinking time.. The second my poison lands on them a pot is used.
The only thing I have seen speed hacking help with is for them to get away faster which kinda makes me laugh a little. Its like yea.. and just keep running ya chicken.
Its not game stopping for me, it doesn't make me want to stop pvping. Sure its a bit unbalanced, however skills > scripts in most cases. Theres only so much a healing script can do against my beetle/bake and/or my fencer beating on you.*evil grin*

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm certain that I once ran into someone that was able to kill me more than one entire screen away...try and figure out that cheat??? That was the biggest thing that turned me off to pvp. I still dabble with it, but yeah, it sucks when there are people out there who just have to have an edge ahead. If we were all on the same playing field then most of the hacks would most likely suck at pvp.

rolleyes:

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose what I do in Fel can count as PvP, since it is player vs player action. I just always either lose or survive.

And I'm not experienced enough to recognize the cheaters if they aren't speed hacking, so they don't really bother me.

What I do know is that a lot of people are frequently accused of cheating who are just good, and a lot more people actually cheat than admit it.

C

captainobvious

i hate the idiots. i pwn this, i own fell...... bah

a program is doing the work for them. whats the point in playing if your so lousy that you cant do anything yourself??

i can fend a few off in fel, but the cheating has turned me off from doing spawns and everything there. speed hacks, stumps, medic...... no fun anymore.