Question of the day: 13 June 2008

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 16, 2005
Ohio
Welcome to Friday the 13th everyone. Some of you more superstitious people may think that today is very unlucky. So todays question has to do with luck.

Do you think having high luck in game affects the quality of items you get as loot that much? Do you wear a lucksuit in game and what great items did you get from a monsters loot because of it? Lastly just because it is a Friday the 13th, what is the worst bit of luck you have had in game?

I know I use to run my tamer in a lucksuit, but I really did not see that big of a difference in loot because of it. So I was wondering if it was just me or if any of you felt the same way?

B

Blackrock Frank

I have a pretty sweet luck suit for my tamer, and yeah, the number of "interesting" items she gets is much higher than for my other characters, especially when I have her use a luck statue (119 months... so close...).

As for bad luck, it has to be losing my internet while fighting the ophidians for scraps of food with my tamer. My dragon made it out alive, but not her.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
I think the luck suits do make a difference. I don't think it works as advertised, but I do see an improvement in loot when I add luck.

Kittie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2008
Catskills
I as well think the luck suits matter. I just seem to get nicer stuff when I am on my tamer in her luck suit then on my archer, fencer, and sampire. As of bad luck today I haven't logged in yet. I will probably have the same thing happen to me as well Blackrock I am on dialup and it's starting to storm, lol.

H

Hunters Moon

I don't bother with a luck suit at all because I do not use a template that would allow for that(lamer tamer :p). I wish the Dev's would set up code to not count luck against the mods an armor piece/weapon can have so us non-lamers can get better items also

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
I notice a slight difference...but I still haven't found the 3 "items" that I want most as loot. I like to RP my character. so....this is what I've been searching for for years:

Viking sword, stats:
mage weapon (NO spellchanneling)
Swing Speed increse: 30 (or better, if possible)

Wooden Shield
spell channeling (no penalty)
15% defense chance increase
self repair of at least one.

Leather mempo
20% LRC
NO night sight

All the years I've been searching for those peices I've never found those 3 with those stats. *Sigh* maybe I'll wear my luck suit tonight and try again. ^.^

-Hagrid

H

Hunters Moon

Wooden Shield
spell channeling (no penalty)
15% defense chance increase
self repair of at least one.
I have seen a couple of shields that come very close to that from what OL's have dropped. OL's have a tendancy to drop wooden shields and if you bring your tamer covered with luck,you just may get what you are after.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
I have seen a couple of shields that come very close to that from what OL's have dropped. OL's have a tendancy to drop wooden shields and if you bring your tamer covered with luck,you just may get what you are after.

Um......what is an "OL" ? Zorry...if that sounds like a dumb question. *blushes*

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
****Hits self on head****

Doh! I'm such a tard. Heh...thank you for the suggestion. I'll see if I can get them to drop a wooden shield.

****Sips coffee and rubs sore head****