• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question from a newbie: set Virtuoso's Armor | Bard Mastery

L

lambrekhtvi

1) Tell me that is a bonus in Virtuoso's Armor:
Code:
Activate: Bard Mastery Bonus x2 (Effect: 1 min. Cooldown: 30 min.)
What makes this bonus? That enhances the skills Peac / Disco / Prov, or bard Mastery (song)?

2) How to achieve maximum effect it in the songs "Resilience" and "Perseverance" (Peac). I need all the skills Peac / Disco / Prov / Music to pump up to 120 (real skill)? If not - how? How much mana is spent on maintenance of the songs, how can it reduce the mana cost (how and by how much)?

Thanks for your help!

Z

Zero Day

Virtuoso armor effect bumps the bard mastery bonus (Skill) not the bard mastery abilities.

The mastery bonus increases the success chance of all bard skill attempts by 5% with an additional 5%(10% total) in the skill coinciding with your mastery.

So with the virtuoso effect active it would be a 10/20% bump instead of 5/10%.

So the way the abilities work, you get the most effectiveness out of the abilities by investing in musicianship and the associated bard mastery skill. The other two bard skills provide some bonuses to the effectiveness if they are GM or above, in addition to reducing the upkeep cost.

Maximum effectiveness for any bard ability would be a 4x 120 Bard.
I believe 120 Peace/Music Gives 16 to all regens when using Resilience.
120 Provo OR 120 will bump that to 19 in each regen.
120 in BOTH provo and discord will bump that to 22 in each regen.

Bard Mastery Abilities are scaled by true skill. Bard Mastery BONUS is scaled by current skill. (So if you have GM peacing you could use jewelry to get to 120 and get the bonus yo using the skill as if you had true 120 skill, but your abilities would only factor your real skill.)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
L

lambrekhtvi

Sorry for my English :(

So Virtuoso armor increases bard skill? If we apply the disco, and the monster is weaker by 20% - the effect it will be with Virtuoso armor 22% or 30%? Do I understand correctly?

Regarding the songs. With 120 real skill Peac and Music - I get 16 regen, if you add 120 Disco - will be 19. Not reasonable to spend 120 skill in Provo - because I'll be limited to fully utilize other skills.

And what about the "Upkeep Cost" of maintaining the songs?

Z

Zero Day

I believe the bonus is to the success chance of the skill, not to the effects of the skill. So if you discord a creature normally for 22% it will still be a 22% discord, but you have a better chance of success.

The Resilience spell would be for peacemaking. (To get the base 16 Regen would be 120 peace)

The upkeep cost is taken every 2 seconds that you have the ability active.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya the suit just increases your CHANCE to successfully land your barding skill.

not the % of discordance that the critter will get.

and at 120 disco and music you should be doing 28% reduction to the critter your hitting with the disco.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just built my new suit and now with the new changes coming to TC (changing how you switch masteries) I think its going to be a lot better!

L

lambrekhtvi

So if I have a set of 120 Music and the slayer of flutes (6 types of monsters) - this is more than enough for the application of Disco and Peac. And Virtuoso is not really needed.

"Upkeep Cost" - a constant and can not be reduced. Do I understand correctly? And to keep the two songs Peas, I'll spend 5 + 6 mana (or 2 +3 per second).

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!

"Resilience" and "Perseverance" effect on pets? In full?

One more question. Which do you prefer to see the bard in your party? 120 Music, 120 Disco, 120 Peac - is the foundation. And two options:
1) 115 Lore, 105 Taming (+5 / 5 of the totem), 100 Magery (+ 20 of the things) - attacking Great Drakon.
2) 120 Mystic, 120 Focus, 100 Magery (+ 20 of things) - Damage and healing party

or is there a better option?

Z

Zero Day

The base upkeep for the spellsongs is 4/5 for resilience/preservance

If you have discord over 100 that gives you a lowered cost of -1
So thats 3/4.

If you have a suit with 40% LMC that will drop the upkeep cost to 1.8/2.4 or 4.2 every 2 seconds if you have 2 spellsongs up.

You'll have to figure out which template suits your party best.
If you go mysticism you can get a colossus to deal damage and be a hard core healer.
If you go the tamer route , you'll be dealing more damage but providing less healing support to your party

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya the suit just increases your CHANCE to successfully land your barding skill.

not the % of discordance that the critter will get.

and at 120 disco and music you should be doing 28% reduction to the critter your hitting with the disco.
So the Virtuoso suit simply increases your chance at success in a barding skill? So the suit will give my 4x120 bard a better chance to successfully provoke those 160 bard difficulty critters?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes exactly and the one you have mastery in gets the best bonus 10% all others 5% I believe

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes exactly and the one you have mastery in gets the best bonus 10% all others 5% I believe
Great.... Having critters with 160 barding difficulty sort of leaves Bards out in the cold... This will help, hopefully.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I was getting ready to test this very thing to make sure ...and we got the tc stuff so been busy testing it

L

lambrekhtvi

The base upkeep for the spellsongs is 4/5 for resilience/preservance

If you have discord over 100 that gives you a lowered cost of -1
So thats 3/4.

If you have a suit with 40% LMC that will drop the upkeep cost to 1.8/2.4 or 4.2 every 2 seconds if you have 2 spellsongs up.

You'll have to figure out which template suits your party best.
If you go mysticism you can get a colossus to deal damage and be a hard core healer.
If you go the tamer route , you'll be dealing more damage but providing less healing support to your party

Thank you very much!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something is whacky with the Diseased Bloods in Shame. Lore shows them at 150 Bard difficulty, but that can't be right. Poo and I have both experienced nearly impossible provokes on these. My bard is 4x 120, uses a Blood Elem Slayer AND the Virtuoso suit but always fails provo on these. Would be nice if the dev's could take a look at their barding difficulty code and fix it...

Just sayin....

:talktothehand:

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bloods can be tricky to provoke but they dance eventually
discox2 eles then provoke seems to go off under 10 attempts you must have had some bad luck is all.

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This thread has me wondering if I should chop up my tamer and make a seperate toon for barding and one for taming.....

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well I have 120 vet lore taming on my tamer with magery music and peace, I feel like the toon is always lacking now I am thinking about droping music and peace for spell weaving and med on the tamer, and making a 4x bard, with spell weaving and ( magery or mystic || med )

I am thinking along the lines of this for pure bard ( wont take me but two weeks to build the toon I have most of the skills done )

120 x provo , disco , peace , music = 480
120 med , mystic = 240
720 Although I would really like to fit spell weaving in instead of med, anyone think this is doable or just down right bad idear ?

basically I want to build an euber supporter / healer character ...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have 120 vet lore taming on my tamer with magery music and peace, I feel like the toon is always lacking now I am thinking about droping music and peace for spell weaving and med on the tamer, and making a 4x bard, with spell weaving and ( magery or mystic || med )

I am thinking along the lines of this for pure bard ( wont take me but two weeks to build the toon I have most of the skills done )

120 x provo , disco , peace , music = 480
120 med , mystic = 240
720 Although I would really like to fit spell weaving in instead of med, anyone think this is doable or just down right bad idear ?

basically I want to build an euber supporter / healer character ...
I can't really advise you one way or another on the Mystic/Med part, as I've never played a Mystic. You might want to do another post on the SpellCaster Forum for input there. My bards carry 4x120 Bard skills with Magery/Hiding as 2ndry.

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can't really advise you one way or another on the Mystic/Med part, as I've never played a Mystic. You might want to do another post on the SpellCaster Forum for input there. My bards carry 4x120 Bard skills with Magery/Hiding as 2ndry.
you think you do okay with out using med ?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Myst without focus is wasted, it's like magic without eval. Your spells wony have any Umpppph to them.

Z

Zero Day

If you are going full on support, and want big numbers on healing as well, go 4x Bard 120 Med/Chiv.
Make a 4/6 LMC/HPR suit.

You'll be able to Heal/Cure/Remove/Curse like a mystic, but you'll be sacrificing the ability to put up a RC in exchange for Faster Healing/curing and the ability to Res.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget the value of as much MR as you can get on your pieces.... Use that instead of Med.

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Don't forget the value of as much MR as you can get on your pieces.... Use that instead of Med.
I am allready going this route, I have a tamer with as much mr as i could stack and lmc.. with 0 med 0 focus and being an elf.. When I run out of mana or die its a 15 minute wait to get 180 mana again ;c

this is part of the reason why i want to remove barding from my tamer.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly! I used to run (years ago) Med on most of my "casting" characters, but found that I could use the skill spot much more productively with other skills and just use lots of MR on the casting chars...
:cool: