• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Question for the modders.

F

Fink

Is it possible to have a different mod for each character? So that when you log that character in it changes the UI.

I'm thinking mainly skins. A nautical skin for my fisher, clockwork for my tinker, necro skin for my undead, chinese for my priest, etc..

If the skin can't be loaded automatically, is there some way to bring up a gump or floating selector like the object handles one?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was easier than I thought... managed to sneak it in while waiting for somebody to call me before heading in to work.

I haven't tested very much, so there might be some issues with it. Use at your own risk.
The mod is named "Remember Custom UI". Add it to the skins you will want to have remembered. Any time you press "OK" or "Apply" in the Settings Window, the currently active Custom UI will be remembered for the character. When you log in, the mod will check what UI is currently active, and try to change it to the one you stored if it is different.
There will be a slight extra delay as the UI reloads when you switch characters.
There might be an issue if a skin is removed or renamed, but it should detect that and warn you.
If you switch from a skin that does not have the mod to a skin that does have the mod, you'll need to open the Settings Window and hit OK or Apply again, but switching between skins that have the mod should work just fine.

F

Fink

Wow, that was fast.. :eek:

Thanks, I'll load that up next time I can get into the game!:thumbup:

F

Fink

Stupid question: how do you actually install it into other skins?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I believe you would just install it to the mod directory or maybe the source....

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Extract it into the Mods directory of the skin (or anywhere else in the skin really - just make sure you don't overwrite any files).

F

Fink

Not sure what you mean by "mods" directory, sorry. What should the installed path look like?

\UserInterface\Skin\
\UserInterface\Skin\Remember Custom UI\
\UserInterface\Skin\Mods\
\UserInterface\Skin\Mods\Remember Custom UI\

I tried all these on two skins and switch between them.. I couldn't seem to get it to work.

A

AximEOB

Not sure what you mean by "mods" directory, sorry. What should the installed path look like?

\UserInterface\Skin\

I tried all these on two skins and switch between them.. I couldn't seem to get it to work.
I think he means:
\UserInterface\Your Custom UI\Mods\

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

\UserInterface\Skin\

I was referring to this:

But any of those should work just fine.

F

Fink

Ah okay, thanks, sorry for the silly question. :)

I wasn't aware how mods were applied, I've only ever used my own skins or more lately copied those textures over Lucis.

F

Fink

No, sorry.

I've copied it to the default set and to a skin (no code) but it seems to reload the last one set, rather than the last set for that character. Do I set the individual preference at the login screen or in the user settings? (I've been using the settings).

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, sorry.

I've copied it to the default set and to a skin (no code) but it seems to reload the last one set, rather than the last set for that character. Do I set the individual preference at the login screen or in the user settings? (I've been using the settings).
User Settings.
When you first log in, you should get 1-4 messages in your chat window about it, all starting with "**RememberCustomUI**".

Did you extract the zip file, or just place the zip file in the directory? You'll need to extract it.
It should have two files, one .lua, and one .mod file.

edit::
Oh! I forgot!
You also need the CustomSettings mod :)
That's probably why it isn't working for you.

Since so many of the other skins have already added that one in by default, I forgot about that requirement.

F

Fink

Oh! I forgot!
You also need the CustomSettings mod :)
That's probably why it isn't working for you.

Since so many of the other skins have already added that one in by default, I forgot about that requirement.
Ah, haha.. I'll grab that too, thanks.

*edit* I put the CustomSettings mod in and I can't use any of the buttons on the User Settings, regardless of the tab; okay, apply, cancel, or close don't work.. haven't tried reset and I don't think I want to at this point. I do get the 4 messages in the log on fresh characters, and one appears to have saved the skin, but it's not working beyond that.

*edit* I think I figured it out, it's only screwing up when I'm trying to run Lucis. Is there any way to combine the CustomSettings.lua files? If I use the Lucis one the gump doesn't work, if I substitute the CustomSettings version, I lose the chat and map. Seems to work on pure skins (just textures), but the Lucis one and Lucis Nautical don't integrate. (Lucis Nautical is Lucis with my own textures).

I've given up for now and will await further instruction.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is something Lucitus will need to fix in his skin.