• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question for Poo

• Thread starter imported_Lucretia
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Lucretia

I'm working on a new bard, and I am having trouble deciding on which template to use. I keep going back and forth mainly between three. Tamer/bard, pure bard or after training skills on this new char, stoning and switching out my abc archer skills for the barding skills.

Since you (god of bards) have every template imaginable for a bard, I was wondering which char was your favorite to play?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my fav is a Disco/Tamer
just cause i dont need anything else around like other monsters to be effective.
and for the speed of killing nothing can compare to a disco tamer.

i do get a lot of fun from my pure bard, but i dont get a chance to play them much anymore.

of late i have been using my disco archer more and more.
just cause its not as brain numbing as a disco tamer.
(discord, all kill)
(discord, all kill)
(discord, all kill)

the archer is a little funner cause ya have to dance around and shot, heal heal heal, shoot shoot, run run run.

but who do i play the most and which toon do i like the most.
Discod Tamer hands down.
i make them on all the shards i play on.
(second.... i allways make a mage first cause they are fast and easy, like 3 days)

I

imported_Lucretia

Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of disco tamer. I did like your template for your Doom bard, however, I was a little confused about the survivability without magery or hiding. I'm not too comfortable with not having the ability to heal myself or hide/invis.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what is my Doom Bard template....

i only run 3 templates with bards.

pure bard.
(music, provo, peace, disco, magic, ei)

disco bard
(tame, lore, vet, music, disco (can switch out with peace), magic)

melee bard
(archery, tact, heal, anat, music, disco, chiv/focus)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i found what you where talking about.
you do realise that that post was put up nearlly 3 years ago, hahahhahaha

i took my 120 peace off and put magic on.
100% LRC suit
40 LMC
+14 mana regen.

i found the peace was useless.
protection and invis.
or invis pots.
or conflag pots.

I

imported_Lucretia

I guess I nicknamed it your Doom template because of the comment you posted at the end of posting your template (Page 3 of the template sticky):

<blockquote><hr>

my big tamer.
120 tame
120 vet
120 animal lore
120 music
120 peace
120 discord
have yet to meet anyone who can keep up to me in DOOM or anywere else for that matter, this template is by far the most hard core farming template ive ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Lucretia

*embarassed* I didn't look at the date.

I think I'll stick to the disco tamer for this char. I might move skills around on my tamer/mage for the latter template and see how it goes.

Thanks for your help