• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question concerning "Securely Replace this House"

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear fellow UO-afficionados!

I am back after a longer "family-break" and I am trying to figure out how the custom keeps look alike. I places a classic keep and changed it via house sign hanger and the command "Securely Replace this House". The house told me: You can do so in a couple of thousand seconds - fine, I waited.

Next day, I changed it smoothly to another design, but I did not like it. So, I decided to change it again, but now the option is gone. Not gone, just "grey". I cannot click it.

Could you please help me with this? I am just an old and confused pirate...

Best wishes!

Your Dr. A.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Dear fellow UO-afficionados!

I am back after a longer "family-break" and I am trying to figure out how the custom keeps look alike. I places a classic keep and changed it via house sign hanger and the command "Securely Replace this House". The house told me: You can do so in a couple of thousand seconds - fine, I waited.

Next day, I changed it smoothly to another design, but I did not like it. So, I decided to change it again, but now the option is gone. Not gone, just "grey". I cannot click it.

Could you please help me with this? I am just an old and confused pirate...

Best wishes!

Your Dr. A.
Are there any blocking items within 5 paces of your steps? It's possible that when you changed to customized keep, it added steps out front and effectively now put part of the building in an improperly paced zone whereby you can't change it again. I have a Fel Castle that this happened to which is surrounded by other houses and now I won't be able to customize it again until I have enough free space surrounding for it to be properly placed again.

Nice to see you back. Good luck with the placement issue!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, friend! I will check this tomorrow. If so, would it be an idea to try "I wish to resize my house"?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think there is a 1 week waiting period as well before selecting a new style. I could be wrong though ....

Glad to see you back ! :D

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I think, Merlin was right. And I solved the problem by just resizing it with "I wish to resize..." :)

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
End December, I placed a keep and wanted to customize it a few times too.
First customization went perfectly. Then, when trying it for a second time, I was told to wait a certain number of seconds. If I'm not mistaken, it was approximately 86400 seconds.
Since I usually have a spreadsheet open, I quickly calculated and translated the message to: wait 1 day (24 hours) and try again.
So, the next day, a bit more than 24 hours later, I could customize again, and every customization after that required a waiting time of 1 day.
Hope this helps!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I place a custom keep didn’t like it and had to wait not sure why I thought it was a week like I said I’m sure I’m wrong but I did know we had to wait some time tho lol