• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about veteran gifts

Sharpside

Visitor
Hey all -

Been saving up majority of my veteran rewards over the years. Decided I will be getting a couple of transfer shields (thanks for helping me out!). Is there any MUST get from veteran gifts (which I possibly cant get through gold)? Cuz it seems mainly everything other than transfer shields I can purchase with gold?

Thanks all!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The 25th Anniv shield can only be used by the account that buys it

Sharpside

Visitor
yeah transfer shields are account bound. Thats why I saved up so long my awards haha.

The other things can buy with gold or trade. these have to buy with your own account. Are it the only account bound veteran gifts?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah transfer shields are account bound. Thats why I saved up so long my awards haha.

The other things can buy with gold or trade. these have to buy with your own account. Are it the only account bound veteran gifts?
Im talking about the shield as a vet reward you can get if your account is 25 years old.

You can use them as a transmog target, they are account bound.

I guess i do not know their name, because I cant find them on the internet.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im talking about the shields as a vet reward you can get if your account is 25 years old.

You can use them as a transmog target, they are account bound.

I guess i do not know their name, because I cant find them on the internet.
Pawain is referring to the Hildebrand shield

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you are correct ! 250 items

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes the shed consists from a Barrel and a Box room or something similar.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I thought my soulstones went poof when I just opened half of it. I eventually clicked in another part and found it had 2 containers. :dunce:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Pawain is referring to the Hildebrand shield
At this kind of distance, it's much easier to see how important Ultima Online is in the history of videogames. It wasn't the first MMOG, but it is perhaps the foundational game for what we'd come to think of as MMOGs, and its influence can be found in everything from the obvious (World of Warcraft and even much more contemporary examples like New World) to edge cases such as Minecraft's crafting system.

Ultima Online is a landmark, and that is most obviously shown in the fact it's still a going concern: servers remain live to this day, and the game receives regular if small updates. This month marks 25 years since the game launched and, alongside a merry in-game celebration (including drinks vouchers and a 'troll kissing booth'), Ultima Online also offers one of the most remarkable in-game collectables you'll see: a shield that reflects a player having spent 25 years playing the game.

Hildebrandt shield
  • As special recognition for unprecedented support of Britannia, this account-bound shield is available for claim and use by accounts 25 years old or more.
  • 30% chance to flame strike a mob on successful parry and a 5% chance to flame strike unsuccessful parry, does not proc against other players or pets.
  • Valid destination target for transmogrification potions
  • Invalid origin target for transmogrification
  • Can be dyed with natural, metallic and promotional dyes
  • Can be repaired via blacksmithy
  • Will display an informative gump when double clicked
As well as the shield, players with this kind of vintage account can claim the title 'Founding Citizen of Britannia' which, yeah, fair enough.

Sharpside

Visitor
At this kind of distance, it's much easier to see how important Ultima Online is in the history of videogames. It wasn't the first MMOG, but it is perhaps the foundational game for what we'd come to think of as MMOGs, and its influence can be found in everything from the obvious (World of Warcraft and even much more contemporary examples like New World) to edge cases such as Minecraft's crafting system.

Ultima Online is a landmark, and that is most obviously shown in the fact it's still a going concern: servers remain live to this day, and the game receives regular if small updates. This month marks 25 years since the game launched and, alongside a merry in-game celebration (including drinks vouchers and a 'troll kissing booth'), Ultima Online also offers one of the most remarkable in-game collectables you'll see: a shield that reflects a player having spent 25 years playing the game.

Hildebrandt shield
  • As special recognition for unprecedented support of Britannia, this account-bound shield is available for claim and use by accounts 25 years old or more.
  • 30% chance to flame strike a mob on successful parry and a 5% chance to flame strike unsuccessful parry, does not proc against other players or pets.
  • Valid destination target for transmogrification potions
  • Invalid origin target for transmogrification
  • Can be dyed with natural, metallic and promotional dyes
  • Can be repaired via blacksmithy
  • Will display an informative gump when double clicked
As well as the shield, players with this kind of vintage account can claim the title 'Founding Citizen of Britannia' which, yeah, fair enough.
UO = first successful and longest running metaverse in the world :D